• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Drinking on the Trails?

#61 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:01 PM

I thought so Dave. I'm done with this topic. Bye.

#62 User is offline   Gutsy 

• First Lieutenant
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:50 PM

:mouthzip1:
O[][][][]O
1987 YJ7TJ
Member: The WINCH TEAM = Women In Need of Constant Horsepower TEAM

"If you run away, you will fall. If you face it like a bull, you will rise."
"HONESTY you can work with - NOT LIES"
"Life is short, hard and trying...grab it by the %!((@, live it up and BE HAPPY!!!"
"Seems like the younger ones are into themselves, and the older ones are into you."
"You don't stop laughing because you grow old...you grow old because you stop laughing."
"Growing old is mandatory...growing up is optional."

That's all folks!

#63 User is offline   soflmuddin 

• Captain
  • Group: Banned

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:56 PM

a little late there gutsy. im pretty sure were done here. but i did forget to tell bigblock that if he makes in down here for a ride not to worry about the refreshments, i got him covered. :mouthzip1:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
.................97 s-10....................................79 cj-5........................................03 wj......................................67 cj5...................................87 samurai..........

#64 User is offline   Gutsy 

• First Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:08 PM

View Postsoflmuddin, on Jun 25 2009, 09:56 PM, said:

a little late there gutsy. im pretty sure were done here. but i did forget to tell bigblock that if he makes in down here for a ride not to worry about the refreshments, i got him covered. :shock:

Yeah I figured I was a little late...and a dollar short. I thought I was at the end when I posted but I was in the middle. :crazy: Oh well. So I'm a little lost - was this originally a question or a statement? Oh let's just let it be - looks like trouble if you ask me. :biggrin1: I got alot of catching up to do I've been laying low for a while...hehe...however, no time now I'll have to do it next week. :mouthzip1: :wine:
O[][][][]O
1987 YJ7TJ
Member: The WINCH TEAM = Women In Need of Constant Horsepower TEAM

"If you run away, you will fall. If you face it like a bull, you will rise."
"HONESTY you can work with - NOT LIES"
"Life is short, hard and trying...grab it by the %!((@, live it up and BE HAPPY!!!"
"Seems like the younger ones are into themselves, and the older ones are into you."
"You don't stop laughing because you grow old...you grow old because you stop laughing."
"Growing old is mandatory...growing up is optional."

That's all folks!

#65 User is offline   96xj 

• Second Lieutenant

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:02 AM

:grouphug: everybody didn't mean to cause so much :drama: :oops: , all i had was a ??? to ask and it :blowup: well lets just let this topic :rip:
next :drunk: on me ''at the bar '' :nono: :drunk: :drive2: = :jail: don't be a :idiot: idiot

#66 User is offline   Lulu Smiles 

• Captain

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:45 PM

I know I'm getting in late on this discussion.

View PostSkinner1, on Jun 24 2009, 06:57 PM, said:

imagine pins stickin out of your legs ,,,,layed up in a hospital ,,,???? oooohhhhh yeah ...wires stickin out of you cause your skull was fractured cause you were so loaded you forgot your seat belt ...

No need to imagine the wires sticking out of your skull because you forgot your seatbelt when you had "only a couple of beers" and you hit a bump and fell out of your Jeep. My dad has plenty of pictures of my brother with the wires coming out of his skull when he was in a friend's Jeep that just hit the curb outside his apartment coming home one night after a few celebratory beers from winning their soccer game. That image is also firmly planted in my memory from being there not expecting him to live. I don't really need the pictures.

My brother was the passenger and didn't put on his seat belt because it was so close to home. They weren't going fast either while coming into the parking lot. It could have been just like running over a downed tree branch on any trail. The bumping around and not being secured into the Jeep while he was slightly intoxicated caused him to fall out and land on his head and fractured his skull.

He ended up in a coma for 2.5 weeks, recovery for months, lost his sense of smell, damaged his eyesight, suffered memory loss and I believe my parents paid medical bills for years (maybe even still). This happened 10 years ago when he was a freshman in college. I still remember the week in hospital that I spent with my family after receiving that early morning call about him and I had to go pick up his twin on the way to Orlando (I was in Savannah, twin at FSU and injured twin at UCF). Talk about stress? It's not just yourself that you affect by simply having a couple of beers when in a Jeep on the trail or not. My brother wasn't even driving and the consequences affected more than just him. You should have seen all of the friends and family that spent an entire week or longer waiting with us at the hospital. They came from all over.

I'm not saying I'm an angel when it comes to D&D all of the time. But it's always a good reminder that it doesn't take much at all for something devasting to happen. For me, when it comes to wheeling and drinking, I usually wait until I'm back at camp afterwards.
SMILES - former SFJC member - no modifications.
Lulu - Black & Tan German Shepherd - can read: Fun with Lulu, RIP May 25, 2021
Blue - '01 TJ Wrangler Sport - 2.5" lift on 33's sold when I moved to Italy

Frieda - Our first "Jeep" in Italy was a '98 Honda Civic, but Lulu didn't know it was really a car.
Rosie - '11 Jeep Compass Limited

"Well-behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

#67 User is offline   TranyDoctor 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:52 PM

:grouphug: KIK IT :blowup: AGAIN :drive2: AGAIN :idiot: AGAIN :drunk:

#68 User is offline   96xj 

• Second Lieutenant

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:55 PM

View PostLulu Smiles, on Jun 26 2009, 01:45 PM, said:

:blowup:
I'm not saying I'm an angel when it comes to D&D all of the time. But it's always a good reminder that it doesn't take much at all for something devasting to happen. For me, when it comes to wheeling and drinking, I usually wait until I'm back at camp afterwards.

:drive2: :idiot: doesn't sound too smart you wont have a beer on a trail but you ll have 1or2 and drive home ??? :drunk: :drunk: :grouphug:

#69 User is offline   Skinner1 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:57 PM

see now that just goes to prove a point the something Nasty can happen in the blink of an eye ,

there is no point in inviting possible disaster into your afternoon of wheeling .

note : sorry to hear about that steph i didnt know that .

#70 User is offline   TallJeep 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:58 PM

View PostTranyDoctor, on Jun 26 2009, 01:52 PM, said:

:grouphug: KIK IT :blowup: AGAIN :drive2: AGAIN :idiot: AGAIN :drunk:

What is the smiley hitting the horse with?? :drunk:
This topic is like talking about how good the Dana 35 is and how big of a tire can you run before it goes :drama:
Let it go, the law says you can't drink and drive if you do and the :oops: get you, you are done. If you don't care go ahead, I hope is not you or any of your family members the next one it gets kill by a drunk driver. :jail:

#71 User is offline   Lulu Smiles 

• Captain

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:03 PM

I know, I said I'm no angel all of the time. I know my limits and it also takes me an hour to finish one drink usually. I rarely go out partying anymore either. When I do now and even think that I've had more than I should past what is considered legal (1 drink per hour is argued as acceptable, more than that not), then I realize that a cab ride home is much cheaper and safer than a DUI or hospital bill on any day.

Frieda - Our first "Jeep" in Italy was a '98 Honda Civic, but Lulu didn't know it was really a car.

#72 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:03 PM

View PostTallJeep, on Jun 26 2009, 01:58 PM, said:

This topic is like talking about how good the Dana 35 is and how big of a tire can you run before it goes :grouphug:

U mean like this post Tall :blowup:

#73 User is offline   Skinner1 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:18 PM

alright already , Now we all know from the past this subject is a touchy 1 soooo SHUT UP , dont do it , have a Great time... and please somebody shoot that Poor horse Dino is :grouphug:

lets all have a :blowup: and a few :drunk: :idiot: and maybe :drama: and dont :drunk: :oops:

Besides this is Friday i think arent you all supposed to be working ...bunch'a Slackers :jail: :drive2:

#74 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:28 PM

OK, Please quote this post #74 to get a census for closing it.

ADMIN/MODS-CLOSE THIS POST :grouphug:

:blowup: oops, forgot, I'm a mod :drive2:

P.S. This could go into the all time book of records here on JT :idiot:

#75 User is offline   Lulu Smiles 

• Captain

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:29 PM

View PostRollbar, on Jun 26 2009, 02:28 PM, said:

OK, Please quote this post #74 to get a census for closing it.

ADMIN/MODS-CLOSE THIS POST :grouphug:

P.S. This could go into the all time book of recordshere on JT :drive2:

I vote - CLOSED :blowup:

#76 User is offline   96xj 

• Second Lieutenant

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:41 PM

:drive2: :idiot: :drunk: :drunk: :drama: :oops: :rip: :give: :give: :give: :jail: :grouphug: :blowup: :nono:

#77 User is offline   JeepinIan 

• Major General
  • View gallery

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:47 PM

Since it appears that we all pretty much agree, no new issues are being posted, and it has been asked to be closed, I am closing this topic.
Ian Stewart

If you don't fight for the trails, there won't be any trails to fight for.

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Zig Ziglar

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ....

John Stuart Mill

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked