JEEPTALK.net: sunpass mounted on window - JEEPTALK.net

Page 1 of 1

sunpass mounted on window

#1 User is offline   rockerknight 

• Staff Sergeant
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:47 PM

so i rode up to boca raton to look at puppies with my lady. on the way back home i was pulled over after going thought a toll plaza. i saw a state trooper look at me and pull out. my first thought was i speed though the plaza. he pulled me over. walked up to my window and asked where my sunpass was. i thought to myself i did hear it beep when i went though (lately i got a moving violation for it not going off. so i am watching it close) and then he lectured me about not having my sunpass in the window. he took my information and went back to his cruise. came back and gave me a written warning. im still in aw that i was pulled over just for that!

#2 User is offline   ChefJeep 

• First Lieutenant

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:22 PM

View Postrockerknight, on Jun 20 2009, 06:47 PM, said:

so i rode up to boca raton to look at puppies with my lady. on the way back home i was pulled over after going thought a toll plaza. i saw a state trooper look at me and pull out. my first thought was i speed though the plaza. he pulled me over. walked up to my window and asked where my sunpass was. i thought to myself i did hear it beep when i went though (lately i got a moving violation for it not going off. so i am watching it close) and then he lectured me about not having my sunpass in the window. he took my information and went back to his cruise. came back and gave me a written warning. im still in aw that i was pulled over just for that!

thats bull as long as you have it and it you paid the toll thats especaly if it went off im from pa we have ezy passs and that coms with veltcrow so when peole get new cars they dont usaly get new veltcrow. every one just holds it up when they go thew vever hered of that being a problem. i can not imagin that that tiket woiuld stick. yes some times they do not go off that is why they have you give sunpass you lices plate number.
An Evil genius bent on destroying grammatical standards...
My Wife is a Reading teacher; if she can overlook my spelling, so can you.
2002 Jeep Liberty KJ 245/75R16 BFG Tread Write MTGs OME / rancho lift
1999 Dodge Durango SXT Magnum 4x4 Stock the work house
2012 Dodge Journey SXT 3.6 V6 Front Wheel Drive Stock AKA the Low Rider

SFJC Member
Member of L.O.S.T (Liberty Owners Special Team)

#3 User is offline   TallJeep 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 21 June 2009 - 09:30 AM

View PostChefJeep, on Jun 20 2009, 09:22 PM, said:

thats bull as long as you have it and it you paid the toll thats especaly if it went off im from pa we have ezy passs and that coms with veltcrow so when peole get new cars they dont usaly get new veltcrow. every one just holds it up when they go thew vever hered of that being a problem. i can not imagin that that tiket woiuld stick. yes some times they do not go off that is why they have you give sunpass you lices plate number.

OMG and you will think he'll get better :dance1: (you might need a wife to go over your posts before hitting "add reply" :naughty: :biggrin1: )

That's one of the reasons I don't like the new sunpass, with the old one it showed that it went off (paid) after passing the toll so you had proof right there for the cops.

#4 User is offline   Outlaw 

• Major

Posted 21 June 2009 - 02:03 PM

I take it you have the one that can be moved from car to car... I have the mini in both my Jeeps.. It can not be moved but then again I have never had a problem with either one... And for basically being free I cant beat it... Im on toll roads almost every day... And have had them every since the first came out.. Never replaced... And ya I can see him stopping you... He doesn't know if you have one... Until he checks it out and gets an answer... And the warning was so you know you need to have it replaced or repaired... Know if you don't have it fixed and they stop you again for it you can get a ticket... But they will give you time to do this, so it not like they will do it tomorrow... But a couple weeks I would have it fixed... Or I can see a ticket in the future... And they aren't cheap...
John
01 TJ 4.0 manual... Stock for now. ( But the build will begin soon.)
Member of:
Utah 4x4 & Citrus County Jeepers

#5 User is offline   JeepinIan 

• Major General
  • View gallery

Posted 21 June 2009 - 08:26 PM

Ihave gond through the sunpass lane w/o even having the pass in my possesion. With al my vehicles on all the sunpasses I have (3) they ust check the tag to the sunpass and take the money out. No biggie. I think that warning was bunch of crap.
Ian Stewart

If you don't fight for the trails, there won't be any trails to fight for.

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Zig Ziglar

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ....

John Stuart Mill

#6 User is offline   Monster76 

• Second Lieutenant

Posted 21 June 2009 - 08:39 PM

i believe they charge an extra $1 for that i think ud better check
89 YJ d44/d60 38" tsl's 4" springs front 4.5" XJ springs in rear HEAVY RIGHT FOOT 4.2 I6 5 spd sye w/custom shafts, some lights and ICE COLD A/C

#7 User is offline   JeepinIan 

• Major General
  • View gallery

Posted 22 June 2009 - 06:07 AM

So far they have never charged me any extra.
Ian Stewart

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Zig Ziglar

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ....

John Stuart Mill

#8 User is offline   Wildbill 

• Major

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:59 AM

I just browsed F.S.S. 338 that deals with Toll Roads and I didn't see any laws pertainiung to the enforcement of the placement of the transmitters so I would have to lean toward the fact that the traffic stop was unjustified and therefore unlawfull. I would suggest that you call the nearest Trooper station and ask for an explaination and inform his supervisor if the Trooper pulled you over with no justification. As a supervisor myself i would want to know if any of my deputies that oversee are doing something wrong. :rof:
Yale H.
Port Charlotte, FL

1992 YJ 4.0 HO
2" BL, 4" R/C Susp. Lift...plus a couple extra stock leafs
Aussie Lockers Frt & Rear
33 x 12.50 Dunlop Mud Rovers
2004 Liberty Sport 3.7L 4X4
stock for now!!!

#9 User is offline   JeepinIan 

• Major General
  • View gallery

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:03 AM

There is another cop on this board that stated she just puts the sunpass on her dashboard.
Ian Stewart

Zig Ziglar

John Stuart Mill

#10 User is offline   Valfam 

• Second Lieutenant

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:41 AM

View PostWildbill, on Jun 22 2009, 11:59 AM, said:

I just browsed F.S.S. 338 that deals with Toll Roads and I didn't see any laws pertainiung to the enforcement of the placement of the transmitters so I would have to lean toward the fact that the traffic stop was unjustified and therefore unlawfull. I would suggest that you call the nearest Trooper station and ask for an explaination and inform his supervisor if the Trooper pulled you over with no justification. As a supervisor myself i would want to know if any of my deputies that oversee are doing something wrong. :lol:

I was pulled over for the same thing. The tropper was telling me that it had to be mounted on the windshield. I told him that the velcro comes off (I have the big very old one) the windshield due to the weight of the sunpass, he told me a few times would you rather me tell you to put it on your windshield or give you a citation, I guess what he wanted to hear was for me to tell him, Yes officer I would rather you tell me to put it on my windshield and you give me a citation for having it on my dash SIR. only after I told him that did he let me drive away.

I guess he had nothing else better to do.
Ruben
2015 Grand Cherokee 4X4 Summit

Definition of JEEP = J.ust E.mpty E.very P.ocket

Check Out My Jeeps at Cardomain's Site My Jeeps

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply