JEEPTALK.net: Iphone 3.0 update - JEEPTALK.net

Page 1 of 1

Iphone 3.0 update

#1 User is offline   Skinner1 

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Group: Banned

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:56 AM

for those of you that have the Iphone 3G and didnt know the following .......,,,,,,,,,the 3.0 operating system update is now avail. ..............( FOR FREE to download :ya: )
you have to go to ITUNES ....when you SYNC your phone click the update tab and download it .will take about 35 minutes .......it has a few cool goodies added to it . :lol:

includes :

voice controls
landscape keyboard
instant search
shake to clear ..............etc

Note : there was an issue a few days ago with getting it because the site was rushed as usual when it first came out and ITUNES crashed ....but now things have settled down and the download is easier .

#2 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:16 AM

I updated the first genaration which was not 3G and the software is much better even though I can't use some of the features.

I did get the new 3GS in the mail on Friday ($110) from Apple (no I did not make a mistake on the price), have not activated because I need to back up the old one and make sure I don't lose all the data I have to put on to the new one, gave the old one to the wife :lol: A bit complicated but I'm not in a hurry.
Posted Image Posted Image
El Nińo
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#3 User is offline   JeepNWilly 

• Brigadier General
  • View gallery

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:25 PM

View PostJim B, on Jun 20 2009, 09:16 AM, said:

I did get the new 3GS in the mail on Friday ($110) from Apple

WHAT!!! :biggrin1: !!!!!!

By the way a lot of the features that Apple advertizes are only available on the iPhone 3GS like voice dialing unless you buy a 3rd party app.
The link has all the features http://www.apple.com/iphone/how-to/index.h...cs.introduction
Willy
2006 Wrangler X , 2014 JK Unlimited Sport
Keep Calm And Wave On
Pics:

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Skinner1 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 21 June 2009 - 04:43 AM

the only difference i see between the 3G and the 3Gs is the new video camera and a few apps and selling it for $99.00 . is all really . i was alittle pi$$ed that i bought my Iphone 26 days ago and i never knew a new 1 was coming out Nor was i told of course . so yeah they got me for the additional $100 .

ATT cust serv. said they would be willing to swap my 3G for the 3Gs but i would be without a phone for a few days i wasnt about to go without my phone just for a video camera . wasnt worth it .

but most of the new apps. on the 3Gs can be gotten iTunes .

Note : Jim u gave the WarDept . your old Iphone ??? What did you do now ....????
The Iphone be used as a plea bargaining tool also ??? man the things you can do with the Iphone is endless . :biggrin1:

#5 User is offline   way2cynical 

• Master Sergeant
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 June 2009 - 07:20 AM

Updated last night to 3.
No problems. No big deal.
Have not started cruising itunes for new apps yet either.
I love my phone btw, but like Skinner bought mt a month or so ago-- would of liked the video feature and to save the $ if I had waited.
But being a lifelong apple owner I know that's what to expect from the company. (I had an Apple 2-e and the early Macs in the 80's)

#6 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 21 June 2009 - 07:26 AM

Only a few good differences between 3G and 3GS (have not activated my 3GS yet, waiting to back up my stuff, no time), but leap and bounds from the 2G.

I do like the fact of the faster processor, wifi and a few other things on the 3GS vs the 3G.

Yes Willy, 3GS for $100 :biggrin1: I had an Apple voucher for $100 that I was keeping for a rainy day for over 2 years.
Posted Image Posted Image
El Nińo
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#7 User is offline   Skinner1 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 21 June 2009 - 08:25 AM

Just goes to show ya when it comes to the electronic toys what you buy today will surely be obsolete tomarrow

#8 User is offline   Brian 

• Colonel

Posted 21 June 2009 - 08:47 AM

View PostSkinner1, on Jun 21 2009, 05:43 AM, said:

the only difference i see between the 3G and the 3Gs is the new video camera and a few apps

well actually there is 2 HUGE differances. other than the video camera and compass which will lead to a Tom Tom application coming very very soon....

3g is 400MHz processor and 128MB of RAM
3sG is 600MHz processor and 256MB of RAM.

being so small, these 2 hardware upgrades are flippin huge an makes the 3gs much much faster. i have the 3g and worked it out for my company to switch from Blackberry's to iPhones. mostly because they were out of contract with Sprint. anyways, now this makes me the Apple guy for the company since i am in IT anyways. :naughty: .... so they got the 3g's 2 weeks ago and i was like WHOA.. why didnt you wait for the 3gs? they said you know brian, your right... so they called their new AT&T rep and worked out new ones for the same price since they would be getting more than a handfull. so i said to the IT Director... " how can i support the new 3gs if i dont have one?" he says, Brian, no worries, give me your 3g 16gb and i will get you a 3gs 16gb. :biggrin1:

also, as i said before in another post that was edited by you know who.. any help you need with the 3g or 3gs, please PM or Email me...

Willy, you know what im talking about and it was out by 1pm on friday. i am up and running video and compass on my 3g :dance1:
90 YJ 4.2 - 3" BL / 4" RC Lift / 33x12.5x15 TSL Swampers / Smittybuilt XRC-10
2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Member: Square Headlight Intense Team
Member: South Florida Jeep Club
Always looking to get dirty…
…daddy to be... 8/27/10

"If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them"
"Dont quote me on anything i say from knowledge.. only experience"

#9 User is offline   JeepNWilly 

• Brigadier General
  • View gallery

Posted 21 June 2009 - 12:55 PM

View PostBrian, on Jun 21 2009, 09:47 AM, said:

Willy, you know what im talking about and it was out by 1pm on friday. i am up and running video and compass on my 3g :cool:

:2thumup: :ya:
Willy
Keep Calm And Wave On
Pics:

Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Skinner1 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:52 AM

Today i received an E-mail from XM/sirius radio about a free app. that itunes has that allows XM/ sirius customers that own an IPhone to listen to XM/sirius radio on their Iphone for a charge of $2.99 a mo.
according to the Rep. at XM they claim it to be a live feed with all the channels .

does anybody have this app. ????how is it ???? im considering getting it

#11 User is offline   Brian 

• Colonel

Posted 22 June 2009 - 04:49 PM

i dont have the app, but you might want to check here for more info. fyi, this modmyi.com is where you will get all info you will ever need on the iphone.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/6...re-finally.html
2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
…daddy to be... 8/27/10

"If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them"

#12 User is offline   Skinner1 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:32 AM

i checked that out ,
i have decided to try it out for a mounth . got it set up and its basically a mobile XM / Sirius Radio and yeah it doesnt have Howard Stern yet ....but then again i could care less that Guy gives me a headache anyway i cant stand him .
but as far as the line up goes plenty of music on hand and it seems to be working fine 120 channels of Sat. music whenever i want it .

#13 User is offline   JeepNWilly 

• Brigadier General
  • View gallery

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:54 AM

View PostSkinner1, on Jun 23 2009, 04:32 AM, said:

i checked that out ,
i have decided to try it out for a mounth . got it set up and its basically a mobile XM / Sirius Radio and yeah it doesnt have Howard Stern yet ....but then again i could care less that Guy gives me a headache anyway i cant stand him .
but as far as the line up goes plenty of music on hand and it seems to be working fine 120 channels of Sat. music whenever i want it .

Pandora is great if you want music and it is free
Willy
Keep Calm And Wave On
Pics:

Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Skinner1 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:30 AM

View PostJeepNWilly, on Jun 23 2009, 08:54 AM, said:

Pandora is great if you want music and it is free

is Pandora an app. ????

#15 User is offline   JeepNWilly 

• Brigadier General
  • View gallery

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:49 AM

View PostSkinner1, on Jun 23 2009, 09:30 AM, said:

is Pandora an app. ????

Yea it is a free app and there is no service fee either
Willy
Keep Calm And Wave On
Pics:

Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Brian 

• Colonel

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:08 AM

also there is LastFM for local radio channels or something like that. never used it but heard its nice. or iHeartRadio is cool too..

but what am i talking about, if i didnt have my Pandora 18hours out of the day i would go nuts. also, there is a Pandora Desktop application for your pc or mac. very very nice.
2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
…daddy to be... 8/27/10

#17 User is offline   sbmonkey 

• First Lieutenant

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:07 PM

Pandora and the other online free music streams are really not free and I don't think most will continue to stream music without ads.

"Pandora ads invasive commercials

Change has come to Pandora.com, the popular free music site that lets listeners craft radio stations to fit their tastes.

The site added 15-second commercial breaks to its streaming music service Tuesday as it continues to experiment with new ways to generate revenue. "

No thanks.

Satellite radio is great because I do not want to hear ads, period, and will gladly pay $13 / month for that luxury.
BTW the Sirius app features will expand because they are getting flac for not including enough channels.

#18 User is offline   Skinner1 

• Lieutenant Colonel

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:16 PM

well i downloaded the Sirius / XM program and i like it so far works real well ..as i said i really dont care about Howard stern anyway i cant stand that idiot .

im gonna try it out for a mounth and see how it does

Note : here is an issue with the 3,0 update ,,,,,the current camera zoom feature App. is "Not" compatable with the 3,0 yet they are working on an upgrade for that Zoom feature to be compatable .

so if you have the Camera Zoom app. and you upgrade you will lose use of that feature . until they update it .

#19 User is offline   JeepNWilly 

• Brigadier General
  • View gallery

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:44 PM

View Postsbmonkey, on Jun 24 2009, 07:07 PM, said:

Pandora and the other online free music streams are really not free and I don't think most will continue to stream music without ads.

"Pandora ads invasive commercials

Change has come to Pandora.com, the popular free music site that lets listeners craft radio stations to fit their tastes.

The site added 15-second commercial breaks to its streaming music service Tuesday as it continues to experiment with new ways to generate revenue. "

No thanks.

Satellite radio is great because I do not want to hear ads, period, and will gladly pay $13 / month for that luxury.
BTW the Sirius app features will expand because they are getting flac for not including enough channels.

Maybe the website but I have not noticed that on the iPhone APP
By the way just because you have Sat Radio does not mean you do not get adds. My kids listen to Radio Disney on our Sirius radio and I hear more adds than actual music. That is not the only station I have heard adds.
At least the iPhone Pandora app just shows you the adds playing them but I do not look at the iPhone while I am listening to it
Willy
Keep Calm And Wave On
Pics:

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply