Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Low Budget XJ Storage Upgrade

#1 User is offline   BustedKnuckl 

• Captain
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:20 PM

Been awhile since I've been around these parts, lol. I'm on a local car club forum here in Fort Myers, and we have a whole aresonal of 4x4s, so I'm still reppin' the Jeep as hard as I can lol. But since then I've met a cool Land Rover guy. He's got a late model Disco 2, done lots of simple fab-work to it, and the truck is outstanding. Today he came over and we did some cheapy cheapy work on the Jeep.

Origionally got the idea off a Nissan Xtrerra site, then modified to my liking. Its a simple basket that sits over the rear cargo bay to hold and keep things dry.

The shelving itself is just a 4' by 16" closet rack from Lowes Blowes' for $15. The tabs pictured here my buddy had left over from another project, but their origionally off a Land Rover Defender. We just bent them as needed.

Posted Image

We did the same thing on the front, but also incorporated snap rings to allow the cage to sit more level, and to make it easier to load - unload. Plus with the snap rings undone, the shelve falls down and creates a pet - barrier, for the dog I don't own yet. lolol.

Posted Image

Then we threw some stuff up there to get an idea of what it'd be like...

Posted Image

Then threw a cargo net over it we got out of a wrecked ZJ a few months ago..

Posted Image

And done! Total time was about 20 minutes, for less then $20. Now.... just need to put another $3,000 into the Jeep to get it running again!
In Loving memory of my Caitiebaby..
June 26. 1988 - August 29, 2008

2005 Dodge Neon SXT - Full ACR suspension swap, 2" lowering springs, 17" SRT rims, CAI, Cat - Back, 5 speed, stage 2 clutch, strut tower bars, sway bars - Autocross Car/Daily Driver

1990 Jeep XJ - Gettin ready to make a scene.

www.FortMyersRacing.net
www.SWFLRacing.com
www.SouthernMudding.com

#2 User is offline   logandzwon 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:30 PM

looks good, except on my jeep that would obstruct the rear view. If that a problem for you as well?
Black 04 TJ Rubi, Snorkel, winch, lift - R.I.P.
Currently I just have a bunch of parts I'm trying to make into a Jeep.

#3 User is offline   BustedKnuckl 

• Captain

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:11 PM

Nah not really, Cherokee has a huge back window IMO and I mine came with no interior options, so I just have a giant rear veiw mirror, nothing fancy, can see right under it.
In Loving memory of my Caitiebaby..
June 26. 1988 - August 29, 2008

2005 Dodge Neon SXT - Full ACR suspension swap, 2" lowering springs, 17" SRT rims, CAI, Cat - Back, 5 speed, stage 2 clutch, strut tower bars, sway bars - Autocross Car/Daily Driver

1990 Jeep XJ - Gettin ready to make a scene.

www.FortMyersRacing.net
www.SWFLRacing.com
www.SouthernMudding.com

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic