http://www.omfperformance.com/

http://www.hutchinso...m/beadlocks.htm
http://www.eco4wd.co...BeadLockHow.htm

#2 User is offline   TallJeep 

• Colonel
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:24 AM

I have the staun internal beadlocks, I did not have any problems loosing any beads runing the tires at 8psi :good2: . I know a lot of people run 8 psi without beadlocks without having a problem but I also know of some people that lost a bead more than once at river rock. :2thumup:

The thing I liked the most about the internal beadlocks is that you are actually locking both sides of the tire and not only the outside, they also work like a run flat in case you punch a tire.

:lol:

Gus

PS: I know they are not cheap but they work!!! :lol:

:nono:

#3 User is offline   Trailblazer 

• Second Lieutenant

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:36 PM

I've bought from Kurt at DIY4X before (not beadlocks) and he's a great fabricator with real good quality stuff. Real hepfull too. He's mostly Chevy, but i know he working on expanding to other makes like Jeep.
BUILD IN PROCESS:
YJ, Chevy 350/th350/np208, front & rear stretch, MileMarker 12k winch, D44 w/ OX Locker & 4.88's,
12-bolt w/ Detroit Locker & 4.88's, 38.50x14.50r15 TSL/SX, 15x14 Centerline Wheels

#4 User is offline   SodMan 

• Captain
  • View gallery

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:20 PM

Darrell from lake placid runs both. He has a set of 42" with inner bead locks and likes the ride and balance. He has another set with external bead locks for Telico and the likes of it. I've seen him run some rouph stuff with the inner locks. He is also running over 425hp with the Hemmi! He is very heavy running 60's front and rear, refridgerator, on board air long arms etc, etc, etc. That's all the experiance I have to date. Other that using my jack three time last week to help put tires back on the bead :lol: :rof: :lol: I just ordered a set of Allied Renegade V beadlocks for the Scrambler. I have to wait 6 weeks for them to come in. I'll have more information soon after that. :whistle:
Life is short, BOG it to the hub!!!!!!!
1977 CJ7, d30 frt/ARB locker/4:56, amc20widetrack rear w/Blue torch truss system/Detroit locker, molly one piece axles/4:56. MT classic lock rims w/15.5x15x35 TSL's, 4" skyjacker under spring lift +1" body lift + 11/4" shackel lift, anti wrap adjustable stabalizers, sway bar disconects, Warn front bumper w/9000#winch,Warn rear bumper w/matching spare. dry box. linex tub, 3R racing seats w/ 4way harnesess, tuffy security console, tuffy overhead console w/JVC cd and cobra C.B. Rear soundbar, Diamond plate rear corner guards and rocker guards. Aluminum dash w/ultralite guages and megellen GPS. windsheild mounted warn h/l beam off road lights. Under the hood??? AMC, not Ford, Not Cheverolet, not Dodge, but AMC 401 w/goodies tied to a built TH400 pushing through a D300 w/ Currie twin stick. IT STILL GET'S STUCK! The GPS is for locating gas stations!!!!!!!!!! A/C = holes in floor, no windows and bikini top!

#5 User is offline   TranyDoctor 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:36 PM

View PostSodMan, on Apr 2 2009, 10:20 PM, said:

Darrell from lake placid runs both. He has a set of 42" with inner bead locks and likes the ride and balance. He has another set with external bead locks for Telico and the likes of it. . :lol:

you stated inner and outer. (left side rim or right side rim) :lol:
i stated internal or external.(inside tire or outside tire) :whistle:
if i would use external, i think i would use them on both sides of rim.
one internal does both. :rof:
i am so confused :cry:

#6 User is offline   JeepinIan 

• Major General
  • View gallery

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:02 AM

You could also get a set of H-1 rims w/ the internal beasdlock and weld in new centers.

link 1

link 2

link 3
Ian Stewart

If you don't fight for the trails, there won't be any trails to fight for.

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Zig Ziglar

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ....

John Stuart Mill

#7 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:27 AM

No experience with Inner (inside tire) Beadlocks. I've run OUTER (external) beadlocks for years, never broke a bead (inner or outer) even running at 3psi a few times.

I guess my question with inner beadlocks (the ones that install inside the tire and lock both sides) would be...
what about a tire slice close to the bead area.

I've seen plenty of these on sidewalls that were plugged with as many as 6 and kept going with outer (external) beadlocks.
What if the inner beadlock tube got sliced. :2thumup: :unsure: :unsure:
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niņo
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#8 User is offline   TranyDoctor 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:35 AM

View PostJim B, on Apr 3 2009, 08:27 AM, said:

I've run OUTER (external) beadlocks for years, never broke a bead (inner or outer) even running at 3psi a few times.

are you using 2 plates per wheel one on the inside and one on the outside ( i know it is confusing)

#9 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:32 PM

View PostTranyDoctor, on Apr 3 2009, 10:35 AM, said:

are you using 2 plates per wheel one on the inside and one on the outside ( i know it is confusing)

One plate per wheel on the outside with aluminum wheel. The rear of the wheel still needs to break the lock and has never come off on me.

I do like the two piece H1 rims but don't know enough people personally that use them to the fullest to determine if they bend after a while. I know for a fact that my aluminums don't bend.

I just recently mounted 4 new tires, you can do this yourself, the hardest part is to break the inner bead, you can do it with a high lift or get a bead breaker kit that is small enough to carry anywhere.

Below are the wheels and plates.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bead Breaker Kit
Posted Image

Some plates are now bigger but I personally don't like them because of water, mud and dirt. Most have these to protect the valve stems. I don't use steel post stems so they give and mine are towards the rear.

Here are my new shoes mounted and grooved.
Posted Image
El Niņo

"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.

#10 User is offline   SodMan 

• Captain
  • View gallery

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:22 PM

View PostTranyDoctor, on Apr 2 2009, 10:36 PM, said:

you stated inner and outer. (left side rim or right side rim) :scratch:
i stated internal or external.(inside tire or outside tire) :first:
if i would use external, i think i would use them on both sides of rim.
one internal does both. :scratch:
i am so confused :scratch:

Sorry, When I said inner, I meant inside the tire as TallJeep was explaining.
1977 CJ7, d30 frt/ARB locker/4:56, amc20widetrack rear w/Blue torch truss system/Detroit locker, molly one piece axles/4:56. MT classic lock rims w/15.5x15x35 TSL's, 4" skyjacker under spring lift +1" body lift + 11/4" shackel lift, anti wrap adjustable stabalizers, sway bar disconects, Warn front bumper w/9000#winch,Warn rear bumper w/matching spare. dry box. linex tub, 3R racing seats w/ 4way harnesess, tuffy security console, tuffy overhead console w/JVC cd and cobra C.B. Rear soundbar, Diamond plate rear corner guards and rocker guards. Aluminum dash w/ultralite guages and megellen GPS. windsheild mounted warn h/l beam off road lights. Under the hood??? AMC, not Ford, Not Cheverolet, not Dodge, but AMC 401 w/goodies tied to a built TH400 pushing through a D300 w/ Currie twin stick. IT STILL GET'S STUCK! The GPS is for locating gas stations!!!!!!!!!! A/C = holes in floor, no windows and bikini top!

#11 User is offline   SodMan 

• Captain
  • View gallery

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:30 PM

View PostJim B, on Apr 4 2009, 04:32 PM, said:

Here are my new shoes mounted and grooved.
Posted Image

Jim are these Bias TSL's or what? I was going to put the Radial 37" Irocs on my scrambler for ride and all around performance. Sorry didn't mean to hyjack the post. Just curious about a radial heating up when used with bead locks.

#12 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:59 AM

View PostSodMan, on Apr 5 2009, 11:30 PM, said:

Jim are these Bias TSL's or what? I was going to put the Radial 37" Irocs on my scrambler for ride and all around performance. Sorry didn't mean to hyjack the post. Just curious about a radial heating up when used with bead locks.

These are Bias TSL SXs. There is no difference on a tire heating up more or less just because one is bead locked and the other is not. Never notice any difference on the road either.

I have two sets of rims, one offroad and one for road. I use Interco SSRs for the on road set. It's nice all around but depending on what you are doing I might actually like and I'm sure others have other models in mind. I personally do not like IROKs, especially the radials. I have witness them and they are horrible, especially when they are cut. Start another topic so you don't get us in trouble. :first:
El Niņo

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic