JEEPTALK.net: Project "EL CHEAPO CJ-7" - JEEPTALK.net

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Project "EL CHEAPO CJ-7" It's a jeep thing!!!

#1 User is offline   TallJeep 

• Colonel
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:33 AM

OK guys here is what I've done so far, is hard to find time to work on the jeep with all the things I have going on but working here and there and with the help of some friends (you know who you are) we managed to do a couple of things.

I'll be running 38" boggers and the front fenders had some rust on them so intead of fixing the rust I start it making my own "tube fenders". I used fence pipe and welded everything up, it's strong enought not to bend with a light hit but all I wanted is clearance for the tires.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The AMC 20 wasn't going to cut it with the size tires I'll be using so I went with something a little bigger!!! A dana 60 with a detroit locker and disk brakes, I'm using Xj leaf spring for the rear to stretched the wheelbase a little so I have enough room for the tires.

I'll be working on the front once I'm done with the rear. I was going to keep the 6 cyl in but with the drivetrain I've got I already start it thinking about droping a V-8 in it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Monster76 

• Second Lieutenant

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:23 PM

how is the clearence with your fueltank? cuz the xj srpings should move you back 6-7"s and idk if the cj is the same as my yj but i got offly close to the tank fully compressed it get about an 1" away from my tank
89 YJ d44/d60 38" tsl's 4" springs front 4.5" XJ springs in rear HEAVY RIGHT FOOT 4.2 I6 5 spd sye w/custom shafts, some lights and ICE COLD A/C

#3 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:22 AM

Gus, have you tore apart the D60 yet? What condition is it in and what are you doing to it (gears, lockers, brakes, etc) :2thumup:
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niņo
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#4 User is offline   TallJeep 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:30 AM

View PostJim B, on Feb 25 2009, 08:22 AM, said:

Gus, have you tore apart the D60 yet? What condition is it in and what are you doing to it (gears, lockers, brakes, etc) :2thumup:

I have a detroit locker, 5.13 gears and disk brakes already on :good: I'll start working on the front, maybe a aussie locker with matching gears and CMT U-Joints with warn manual Hubs :wub: I'm just waiting to find the parts I need on ebay for $50 or less :lol:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic