Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wheelers For The Wounded

#1 User is offline   way2cynical 

• Master Sergeant
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:43 AM

Anybody know anything about this organization?
http://www.wheelersforthewounded.org/
Anybody in South Florida involved?
It's seems like a charity I could get behind.

#2 User is offline   Moose512 

• Second Lieutenant

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:06 PM

View Postway2cynical, on Jan 9 2009, 08:43 AM, said:

Anybody know anything about this organization?
http://www.wheelersforthewounded.org/
Anybody in South Florida involved?
It's seems like a charity I could get behind.

The founders name is Jason. Hitmoney and I met him in Ocala this summer when we were at Hardrock. Other than that and his website I don't have any additional info.
2008 White Rubicon Unlimited "LazyMoose"
I like Poison Spyder!
Too much other stuff to list....

1997 Red TJ "4 Banger"
Pro-Comp Rock Bumpers
33" tires with Rock Krawler Suspension
Armor by Toyz by Troy

Member of the 50/50 Offroad Team and JKO addict!

#3 User is offline   HitMoney 

• First Lieutenant

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:35 PM

I sent Jason a link to this thread.
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
[b]()_)-()_)-o-)_)

My Rig, HERE

#4 User is offline   WFTW 

• Civilian Newbie

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:05 PM

As HitMoney said, he sent me a link to this thread...I'm the founder of the WFTW program. Not sure what exactly you'd like to know, but if you have any questions, feel free to fire away and I'll do my best to answer them.

#5 User is offline   way2cynical 

• Master Sergeant

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:04 AM

Just wondering what you're event will entail and how I can help out.

First, thanks for your interest in the program. This wouldn't be possible without the off-road community coming together as a whole to honor some deserving people.

Our mission has 3 parts to it. First, show our country's wounded service members a weekend of fun by taking them off-roading, camping, and (in some cases) fishing. We want to actually spend time with these guys and thank them for their sacrifices. Second, by spreading the word about this program, not only to the off-road and military communities, but to the rest of America, we hope to inspire others to do something nice for our men and women in uniform. And third, through the raffling off of the WFTW Jeep and trailer, we want to raise money for a military based charity so that even though the WFTW will be completed, the charity that money goes to can continue helping service members and their families.

Think of me as the guy who's pulled it all together on a National level. While I'll attend every event across the country, I'm not setting up any of the events...that would be way too much for one person to do, especially since there are events being held in States I've never even been to. Therefore, the events (over 20 of them) are being set up by Event Host Clubs.

The event for Florida will take place on the weekend of April 4-5 at Hard Rock OHV Park (in Ocala). The event is hosted by the Florida chapter of the HummerXClub, who's president is a guy named Mark Wells. Although a Hummer club is hosting the event, it is open to ALL makes/models of 4x4's (as are all the WFTW events). We had a WFTW charity event there last year and everyone had a terrific time, regardless of them driving Hummers, Jeeps, Toyotas, and a bunch of other brands of 4x4s...we even had a few custom built rock buggies there.

I cannot give you specifics of the event because what happens at the events are the responsibility of the Event Host Clubs. However, you can email Mark at florida@hummerxclub.com and he can fill you in. Just let him know that you're interested in attending and helping out. He'll know more about what sort of things he needs help with than I would.

Thanks again for your interest and I hope to see you at the event in April.
All the best,
Jason

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic