• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Members Introduce Yourself

#61 Guest_Livefree_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:06 PM

fmp250, on Jan 29 2006, 09:46 PM, said:

I would post a pic of my jeep but it's still hanging with Ruben and the technicality of posting it is still tad bit beyond my computer illiterate capability.

Was that your's on his rack this weekend. I was at the shop Saturday. Your Jeep is looking good. He should be putting on the same skid on mine some time next week.

#62 User is offline   fmp250 

• Sergeant Major
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:55 AM

Yes it was and I just got it back and it turned out awesome. Ruben is a certfiable genius when it comes to Jeeps.
03' Sahara with some extra modifications.

No matter where you go there you are

#63 User is offline   Rambo 

• Brigadier General

Posted 02 February 2006 - 11:59 AM

Welcome Tom, Fish are friends not food...

if you have kids you will understand....
Posted ImagePosted Image

GUAPERIA OFF-ROAD READY PA TU MUNDO

visit 5050offroad.com

#64 User is offline   Sky6 

• Colonel

Posted 04 February 2006 - 07:05 AM

Greenlantern, on Feb 2 2006, 11:59 AM, said:

The trick is "don't name them if you are going to eat them".

haha
Be yourself, everyone else is taken
DAYTONA BEER POLICE MEMBER #6
'03 TJ-- 4" SkyJacker, OX lockers, D-Super35, 4.56 gears, Warn 9.5ti winch, Grant 4x4 rock rear bumper and tire carrier, 33x12.5x15 M/T, 15x10 steel rims, QuickAir2, A to Z Fabrication Rock Guards, KC lites, TrailDoors, Bushwacker 6" flares. Rock Hard Roll cage.
'04Liberty--3.7L, auto, 4x4

JoePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#65 User is offline   jeepincj78 

• Brigadier General

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:05 AM

fmp250, on Feb 2 2006, 09:55 AM, said:

Yes it was and I just got it back and it turned out awesome. Ruben is a certfiable genius when it comes to Jeeps.

Does that just make him plain certifiable all together??? :devil: :drive: :2thumup:
1978 Jeep CJ7 4.0HO w/ Headmann Headers, MSD ignition, front dana 30 with Warn axle shafts, Warn premium locking hubs, custom drive shafts front and rear, NP 435 Transmission (6.69 to 1 first), dana 300 transfercase, model 20 rear differential with superior axles, Ox lockers front and rear, 4.10 gears, Currie twin stick, Warn premium front locking hubs, BDS 4" spring under suspension, Rancho RS 5000 shocks, revolver front shackles, warn XD9000I winch, 35" General Grabber M/T, Rubicon Express hand throttle and sway bar disconnects, dual optima batteries(red and yellow top) w/incab switch, and a on board hot water shower.

#66 Guest_Mongo_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:21 AM

Greenlantern, on Feb 2 2006, 11:59 AM, said:

They are BOTH! I have 5 different fish tanks, I love fried flounder, and I can catch a tarpon in a mud puddle. Fish are the best animals in the world!

#67 User is offline   fmp250 

• Sergeant Major

Posted 04 February 2006 - 03:05 PM

I don't think Ruben would mind a straight jacket as long as you locked him up in a Jeep.
03' Sahara with some extra modifications.

No matter where you go there you are

#68 User is offline   TheMajor 

• Second Lieutenant

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:29 AM

Would a fish-finder work in a fish tank> Inquiring fishermen want to know :scratch: :nerd:

#69 User is offline   Jillsatrip 

• Private

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:41 PM

Hello everyone, I'm Jill. The guys that introduced me to wheeling would never let me drive....so

I brought home my new XJ about a month ago. Well it is not quite new, 1989 Laredo with 1/4 million miles. It has some problems. Needs new exhaust, hopefully just from the cat back. I am aware of the exhaust manifold problems, can't tell if there is a tick due to the leaks from the pipes. It is leaking oil. It has oil in the air box, the valve cover vent tube is clogged solid. Drivers window is dead, radio is dead, AC is dead, Serpentine belt squeals. Cruise control is dead. Power locks don't work in the back, 2 of the wheels are bent, will not hold air for more than 48 hours. Most of the clear coat has peeled off and the Gray paint is chalky. The rear bumper supports seem to be rusted away, as the bumper will pivot about 30 degrees up and down. The fog light mounts are rusted and the lamps just hang by the wires. The wind screen is pitted and has several fish eyes. There are several stains on the seats and carpets. I had to rip the material off the headliner so I could see to drive it home.

On the good side, There is no body or undercarriage rust. It started life in CA and moved to FL then GA, not much salt on the roads of those states. The engine runs great, the AW4 shifts smoothly and the NP242 works flawlessly. The cooling systems seems to be OK, is runs at a steady 200 degrees and the heat/defrost works great. The best thing is that I gave the owner $250 for it and he had to install a new battery so I could get it out of his driveway.

Update: the cooling system wasn't OK! I now have a new water pump, radiator, coolant bottle, t-stat, radiator and heater hoses with a flush & fill port. I guess I converted the closed system. I used a radiator with a filler neck, but did not change the plumbing, heater control valve or eliminate the coolant bottle. I just burp it at the flush and fill port in the heater hose. It seems to work.

Cleaned out the CCV system and added new grommets and oil filler cap. This reduced the oil leaks to just a few drops over night.

So far I have driven it about 200 miles and worked on it about 50 hours......whats that? about 4 miles per hour.

It doesn't appear that many XJ owners inhabit this forum. I just couldn't afford a wrangler for my first project.

#70 User is offline   Lt Dan 

• Major

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:52 PM

:cool: :devil: JILL looks like you might have a challenger ahead....but of course, all worth it when your done. :usflag:
"Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

Go TO Rescue 4X4.org
Topic: Hurricane Season Rescue Teams

Posted Image

#71 User is offline   Jillsatrip 

• Private

Posted 12 April 2006 - 08:03 AM

Dan you are correct about the challange. There sure are a lot of little things to get done, just to make it a decent daily driver. Looks like it will be quite a while before it is, trail ready.

I got a window regulator, stock radio and a couple of wheels at a "pull a part place." So now I have windows that go up and down and music.

My Dad found a deal on tires and wheels from a place that does custom work on new TJ's for dealerships. I now have 4 new 215x75x15 tires on new TJ steel wheels. $160.00 already mounted and balanced. All I had to do was remove the center caps to clear the grease cups on the front axles.

#72 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:02 AM

TheMajor, on Feb 14 2006, 01:29 AM, said:

Would a fish-finder work in a fish tank> Inquiring fishermen want to know :devil: :nerd:

Yes Major it will but...................U have to take the perpendicular interface and multiply it to the horizontal reflector to the area to be absorbed by the reflection of the areas mass then it sends the info to the units computer chip, but after all that if it still doesn't work it's because your bass boat is to big for the tank. :cool: :cool: :wacko: :usflag: :cool: :lol: :cool: :cool:

Just a thought,
RollBar
(I once worked for Einstein, how do you think he got all the answers)
*MY CJ IS YOUR yJ's DADDY*
'48 Willys; '74CJ5; '80CJ7; '84 CJ8; '86 CJ7

*Who Needs A Stinking Manual When You Have A Fat Wallet For Tech Support!*

*What man is a man who does not make the world better*

Support the Central Florida Bible Camp for kids

#73 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 13 April 2006 - 08:38 AM

Jillsatrip, on Apr 11 2006, 09:41 PM, said:

It doesn't appear that many XJ owners inhabit this forum.  I just couldn't afford a wrangler for my first project.

:banghead: to JeepTalk! Don't worry about this, there are a few but they are shy. Besides most engines and drivetrain on a Jeep are similar and I'm sure anyone here can help you.

My hats off to you for taking on a project like this. :jawdrop: Hope to see you around in the other parts of JeepTalk and when you get a chance post a pic of your ride under the Let's go Wheeling forum, there is a thread there for post rides and worst stucks, does not have to be an action or anything. Check out the Jeep of the Month forum as we need your vote every month. There is a Funny pic of the month forum also. :whistle:
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niño
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#74 User is offline   Jillsatrip 

• Private

Posted 14 April 2006 - 12:03 AM

Thanks for the welcome. I have several before pictures.....it is going to be a while before I have something worthy of, after pictures.

Guess I just need to pump the XJ crowd a little. To be perfectly honest, I see more Cherokee's on trails in North Georgia than wrangler's.

Seems like most of the TJ's I see around Atlanta are just, rich boys toys. About the only rocks I see most of them climbing are the curbs in front of their favorite patio bar. The only place they get stuck is on the downtown connector during rush hour.

They polish their rig with baby diapers and I clean mine with a pressure washer.

#75 User is offline   Jack H 

• Major

Posted 14 April 2006 - 07:44 PM

Jill, you need to come with us in Oct when we go to Tellico. There will be plenty of trail rigged TJ's and some XJ's. :drive:
2005 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Patriot blue
4" Pro Comp Coil spring lift w/Pro Comp shocks, sway bar disconnects. Steering box & custom "Animal Garage" engine & control arm skid plates. Front Jeeperman bumper, rear LoD bumper w/tire carrier, XJ front tie rod. 33" Dick Cepec mud country tires on black steel rims. Overhead console w/CB radio, GPS. Tuffy rear security drawer, Mile Marker 12,000 lb winch.

Posted Image
Paved roads are a fine example of needless government spending

#76 User is offline   Jillsatrip 

• Private

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:29 PM

Jack,

Hope that "Ralph" will be ready for a road trip by October. I really don't plan many modification. I just want to get it good running shape to pull my sailboat and travel the nearby mountains. However, my Dad says that he is going to build me a front bumper with tow hooks.

What / where is Tellico?

#77 User is offline   Jack H 

• Major

Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:15 PM

Tellico is between Murphy, NC & Tellico Springs Tenn. Our club and others from clubs we know go for 2 to 7 days. Any Jeeper is welcome.
2005 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Patriot blue
4" Pro Comp Coil spring lift w/Pro Comp shocks, sway bar disconnects. Steering box & custom "Animal Garage" engine & control arm skid plates. Front Jeeperman bumper, rear LoD bumper w/tire carrier, XJ front tie rod. 33" Dick Cepec mud country tires on black steel rims. Overhead console w/CB radio, GPS. Tuffy rear security drawer, Mile Marker 12,000 lb winch.

Posted Image
Paved roads are a fine example of needless government spending

#78 User is offline   k7mto 

• Master Sergeant
  • Group: Member

Posted 25 May 2006 - 12:51 AM

Hey folks. I've been on a number of other Jeep boards for years but somehow this one eluded me...until now :bounce:
My name is Matt and I'm in Gilbert, AZ. Here's a few shots of my 79 CJ-5...

Posted Image

Posted Image
Matt
K7MTO
79 CJ-5

#79 User is offline   TombRaiderTim 

• Colonel

Posted 25 May 2006 - 06:52 AM

Nice pictures and :bounce: to Jeeptalk
Tim

'03 Tomb Raider Rubicon (#0986)
4.88 gears, Bellyup, oil pan skid, 1 ton high stearing, SYE with Tom woods RE adjustable upper control arms, Rubens 4130 heat treated lower adjustable control amrs with greasible johnny joints, OX outer axle seals, 1" MM lift, 1-1/4" BL. and maybe more but I cant remember
'98 Grand Cherokee

Ru•bi•con n.
A limit that when passed or exceeded permits of no return and typically results in irrevocable commitment.

#80 User is offline   Rambo 

• Brigadier General

Posted 25 May 2006 - 08:45 AM

cool . and welcome
Posted ImagePosted Image

GUAPERIA OFF-ROAD READY PA TU MUNDO

visit 5050offroad.com

#81 User is offline   Angler 

• Captain

Posted 26 May 2006 - 05:49 AM

Nice JEEP :1thumb:
02 Red TJ angler sport
MTR's 35x12.50, OX, front & rear Dana 44,30, 456 gears, WARN bumpers front & rear tire carrier, 6"longarm skyjacker lift ,Johnny joints, BDS 9500 shocks, Tom wood's drive shaft, Cobra 75 cb, Garmin GPS, 4' firestick, 6" kc slimlights, flowmaster 40 exhaust, WARN 9.5 ti, Poison spyder rockers, WARN steering box skidplate, Delta xenon headlights, K&N Air intake, 1 1/4 JKS bodylift, TP paper

Posted Image
2008 SouthEast JeepFest Champ of the ramp & 50/50 offroad team ANGLER'S YOU TUBE

#82 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:47 AM

k7mto, on May 25 2006, 12:51 AM, said:

Hey folks. I've been on a number of other Jeep boards for years but somehow this one eluded me...until now :lol:

:beer: to JeepTalk Matt! Nice CJ :cry1:

Pics look great, you should check out the Jeep Of the Month contest here and enter some of your pics. :cry1:

Where abouts or what trail was the V obstacle pic from :1thumb: Looks familiar.
El Niño

"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.

#83 User is offline   k7mto 

• Master Sergeant

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:54 AM

Jim B, on May 26 2006, 09:47 AM, said:

k7mto, on May 25 2006, 12:51 AM, said:

Hey folks. I've been on a number of other Jeep boards for years but somehow this one eluded me...until now :lol:

:beer: to JeepTalk Matt! Nice CJ :cry1:

Pics look great, you should check out the Jeep Of the Month contest here and enter some of your pics. :cry1:

Where abouts or what trail was the V obstacle pic from :1thumb: Looks familiar.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Those pics are on a trail here in the Phoenix area called Willow Creek. It's sort of a 'hidden gem' as it close by yet largely unknown to the masses due to it being within the Tonto National Forest and because it requires a (free) forest permit which most people don't spend the time to obtain (FS office hours make it difficult). I'll post up more shots of the trail soon, but I'm about to head out the door to go camping in Payson and run Pyeatt Draw (Google 'pyeatt draw' or 'payette draw' for pics).
Matt
K7MTO
79 CJ-5

#84 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 26 May 2006 - 10:08 AM

k7mto, on May 26 2006, 09:54 AM, said:

Those pics are on a trail here in the Phoenix area called Willow Creek. and run Pyeatt Draw.

Matt,

Arizona, the Phoenix among other areas in the State is actually one of my favorite places to wheel. :1thumb: Maybe on my next trip out West (probably next year) I would like to make this area one of my stops and maybe get together with you for around 4 days of wheeling if you have the time. :cry1: :beer:
El Niño

#85 User is offline   Lt Dan 

• Major

Posted 26 May 2006 - 12:23 PM

:1thumb: Matt good looking CJ :cry1: :beer:

Dan - South Florida Jeep Club
"Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

Go TO Rescue 4X4.org

Posted Image

#86 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:29 PM

Alright, another ROUND eye! :cool: :gun:
*MY CJ IS YOUR yJ's DADDY*
'48 Willys; '74CJ5; '80CJ7; '84 CJ8; '86 CJ7

*Who Needs A Stinking Manual When You Have A Fat Wallet For Tech Support!*

*What man is a man who does not make the world better*

Support the Central Florida Bible Camp for kids

#87 User is offline   9lives 

• Corporal

Posted 02 June 2006 - 02:24 AM

Hi all from the not so frozen north (now).......missed this thread and posted on several other ones. I am new to the jeep world, but my wife has had a CJ before. I only have the one picture of our jeep......so far....oh, the date of the picture is supposed to 2005 not 2004.
Posted Image

'98 tj sport*4L Auto*32 X11.50 Wild Country txr's
2" bb lift with skyjackers*Gunmetal pearl....

#88 User is offline   FrOeKk 

• Captain

Posted 02 June 2006 - 12:34 PM

Welcome!!!! :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :shock:
MySpace

My Jeep Space

My Mud Space

ShopToEarn.net......give me 5 minutes and you'll see.

Also deleted and edited for everyone's satisfaction.................like Rayne.

#89 User is offline   k7mto 

• Master Sergeant

Posted 02 June 2006 - 07:05 PM

Welcome. Good looking TJ!
Matt
K7MTO
79 CJ-5

#90 User is offline   Lt Dan 

• Major

Posted 03 June 2006 - 12:57 AM

:whistle: quyana tailuci 9Lives :banghead:

Go TO Rescue 4X4.org

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 39 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic