Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Inline real-time spell checker

#1 User is offline   sbmonkey 

• First Lieutenant
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:38 PM

Is there a problem with the spell checker? It shows words like "color" as misspelled. Is it the spell checker or some sort of grammar thing? In any case, there is a bug in the code.

#2 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief
  • Group: Admin

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:47 PM

The spell checker (ieSpell) has nothing to do with JeepTalk software or scripts. You download the application and install on your local computer and an option add-on to the IE browser. By invoking the spell check inside a post or topic we are merely calling out the ieSpell that it is your computer which then reads what you wrote and Spell checks.

If there is a problem it could be in your install, software from ieSpell or your computer. You might want to re install. You may also add the word to the dictionary of ieSpell if you know for sure it is the correct spelling.

Admin

#3 User is offline   sbmonkey 

• First Lieutenant
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:50 PM

View PostAdmin, on Dec 22 2008, 11:47 PM, said:

The spell checker (ieSpell) has nothing to do with JeepTalk software or scripts. You download the application and install on your local computer and an option add-on to the IE browser. By invoking the spell check inside a post or topic we are merely calling out the ieSpell that it is your computer which then reads what you wrote and Spell checks.

If there is a problem it could be in your install, software from ieSpell or your computer. You might want to re install. You may also add the word to the dictionary of ieSpell if you know for sure it is the correct spelling.

Admin

Interesting. I did not know it worked that way. So I use Linux and Firefox and some sort of Firefox code is doing this? If so, it will be a first for me.

#4 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief
  • Group: Admin

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:04 AM

View Postsbmonkey, on Dec 22 2008, 11:50 PM, said:

Interesting. I did not know it worked that way. So I use Linux and Firefox and some sort of Firefox code is doing this? If so, it will be a first for me.

Our JeepTalk scripts only support ieSpell that works with Interned Explorer. Not sure what to tell you on your Linux or Firefox. They might have their own spell check that works as a generic for all web sites. Similar to ieSpell which actually also works outside of JeepTalk.

Admin

#5 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:47 AM

View PostAdmin, on Dec 22 2008, 11:47 PM, said:

You might want to re install. Admin

Yes, IeSpell will point out the words in [color] etc. U just have to click ignore and move on. Been that way on IE7 & Vista since I down loaded it.

Hey Admin, I'm free today, maybe I could run down and fix it for him :goodpost: :) :rof:

P.S. My sig line says it all & best thing is, I don't charge $. :)
*MY CJ IS YOUR yJ's DADDY*
'48 Willys; '74CJ5; '80CJ7; '84 CJ8; '86 CJ7

*Who Needs A Stinking Manual When You Have A Fat Wallet For Tech Support!*

*What man is a man who does not make the world better*

Support the Central Florida Bible Camp for kids

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic