Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Any Clubs in Central Virginia

#1 User is offline   HankDz 

• Corporal
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:11 PM

I wrote this to Admin earlier. Its reply suggested that I post to this area. Here goes.
I have noticed that the postings seem to be from a preponderance of folks from Florida, USA, who seem to have good fellowship and clubs or meetings on a regular basis. We are located in central Virginia, USA, between Charlottesville and Lynchburg west of the route 29 corridor. I was wondering whether there might be Jeep clubs, official or ad hoc, in that area?
If anyone knows of such would he or she post some information?
A little about myself. I haven't been a fun and games off road enthusiast in the past. Although, because of where we live and have lived we've been stuck a few times. My bride of 45 years and I live off road and do the off road thing every time we travel to and from our house. We own two Jeeps, a 92 XJ and an 06 WK. Both stock and used about 20% to 30% off road. 92 has over 232,500 miles, 06 has over 15,500 miles. Previous Jeep was 75 Wagoneer, since departed. We don't trade or change vehicles often. Plan to keep these until they die as we did the 75. Just our way of doing things.
All that said, we are social people and like socializing with people of like or different minds. We can actually put up with some liberals; the ones that are convinced they are right and have nothing to prove to someone who doesn't agree with them. Of course, we know they are not right, but as long as they believe they are they are OK in our book. We have friends of every religion and persuasion and can interact with anyone as an equal. Don't like and will not tolerate snobs and elitists. Do like people who like good times, good clean fun, socializing to moderation, actually anything in moderation.
So, if someone knows of a group or gathering of Jeep driving folks in an area nearby that could put up with people as I just described we might participate if they would have us.

#2 User is offline   TombRaiderTim 

• Colonel
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 June 2008 - 03:23 PM

View PostHankDz, on Jun 11 2008, 06:11 PM, said:

I wrote this to Admin earlier. Its reply suggested that I post to this area. Here goes.
I have noticed that the postings seem to be from a preponderance of folks from Florida, USA, who seem to have good fellowship and clubs or meetings on a regular basis. We are located in central Virginia, USA, between Charlottesville and Lynchburg west of the route 29 corridor. I was wondering whether there might be Jeep clubs, official or ad hoc, in that area?
If anyone knows of such would he or she post some information?
A little about myself. I haven't been a fun and games off road enthusiast in the past. Although, because of where we live and have lived we've been stuck a few times. My bride of 45 years and I live off road and do the off road thing every time we travel to and from our house. We own two Jeeps, a 92 XJ and an 06 WK. Both stock and used about 20% to 30% off road. 92 has over 232,500 miles, 06 has over 15,500 miles. Previous Jeep was 75 Wagoneer, since departed. We don't trade or change vehicles often. Plan to keep these until they die as we did the 75. Just our way of doing things.
All that said, we are social people and like socializing with people of like or different minds. We can actually put up with some liberals; the ones that are convinced they are right and have nothing to prove to someone who doesn't agree with them. Of course, we know they are not right, but as long as they believe they are they are OK in our book. We have friends of every religion and persuasion and can interact with anyone as an equal. Don't like and will not tolerate snobs and elitists. Do like people who like good times, good clean fun, socializing to moderation, actually anything in moderation.
So, if someone knows of a group or gathering of Jeep driving folks in an area nearby that could put up with people as I just described we might participate if they would have us.

I think i have a list somewhere of jeep clubs all over the US. When I find it ill post it up here for you.
Here is a link to a lot of clubs thoughout the US Jeeps Only

View PostJeepChik17, on Jun 12 2008, 07:41 AM, said:

can anyone find a jeep cub in anchorage, ak??? i cant seem to find any :( my time is comming up and i havent found one yet

As for you. I met someone at our jeepfest from up there and he gave me a card for his club. I have it at home and will look it up for you. If you dont here back from me please bug me. Also Bob and Linda in our club went up there and wheeled with a club just last year. I can check with them and see what club he went out with.
Tim

'03 Tomb Raider Rubicon (#0986)
4.88 gears, Bellyup, oil pan skid, 1 ton high stearing, SYE with Tom woods RE adjustable upper control arms, Rubens 4130 heat treated lower adjustable control amrs with greasible johnny joints, OX outer axle seals, 1" MM lift, 1-1/4" BL. and maybe more but I cant remember
'98 Grand Cherokee

Ru•bi•con n.
A limit that when passed or exceeded permits of no return and typically results in irrevocable commitment.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic