• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Arnold prey for this poor soul

#31 User is offline   92SquareEye 

• Colonel
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:22 AM

she's always ready to go and get jeep parts!
Posted Image
this was a nasty crack...caught now before things got much worse!
Posted Image
rebuilt and ready to go back in...
Posted Image
the seal of approval that everyone wants on their drivetrain parts! (thanks tranydoc)
Posted Image
threw some epoxy on the frame and skids while it was so accessible...
Posted Image
slid back in and bolted up surprisingly easy
Posted Image
leaf packs installed on the new front...
Posted Image
getting her into position (there is a dolly under the blanket...otherwise, i could have never done this swap with just myself)
Posted Image
installed and ready to go (yeah...the diff cover will be going yellow with the steering parts)
Posted Image

more later.....

-dave

#32 User is offline   92SquareEye 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:29 AM

finally got back to it and made some more progress...

got the rear axle in...
Posted Image

the body blocked and the firewall prepped...
Posted Image

final coat of primer...
Posted Image

one last sanding...
Posted Image

and it's YELLOW
Posted Image
Posted Image

i was surprised with the results. it's a trail rig so i don't need it to be perfect. hope to get another coat on today as the weather is perfect for it. after that, i'll spray the tub and hope to get the body back on the frame by next weekend.

-dave

#33 User is offline   LadyJeffson 

• First Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:48 PM

The drywall IS finished and it's not in the background. That's our make shift garage in front of the house. It's our paint booth and whatever else we need it to be. The Master is almost finished! The texture is on walls and we just have to finish the closet, pour cement in the master bath shower, and install the fixtures & bath cabinets. Time for some work on Arnold! Besides being excited to see him back on the road, it will be nice to have our front yard back. Sanford & son have been living here waaaaaay too long! :2thumup:

Posted Image
Holly
Yellow 92 YJ, Elvis, I share with LrdJeffson

Jeep...the power of American manufacturing...600,000 Jeeps deployed during WWII...a vehichle that can go anywhere, do anything...it embodies the American spirit!
Stuck happens! :0

"Your winch or mine?"

"One isn't necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can't be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage."
"The main thing is to keep the main thing as the main thing." ;)

Member of South Florida Jeep Club

#34 User is offline   92SquareEye 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:36 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

-dave

#35 User is offline   92SquareEye 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:59 AM

i concede...

finished the fenders and grill. all of the 'faces' went yellow.

Posted Image

Posted Image

the fender wells got hit with black epoxy and then topped w/ bedliner

Posted Image

Posted Image

i was originally going to do the engine bay with bedliner too, but changed to a shiny black lacquer. After the radiator exploded and having to clean everything, i figured shiny and smooth would be better than rough...

Posted Image

i cleaned everything really good, i thought. the liners are based in a MCU and then i put black lacquer and a few coats of clear over it. there was a reaction somewhere and it blistered (only in that ine spot.... i'm guessing i'll wire brush it all clean and then retape and repaint. things like this kill progress. grrrrrrr.
Posted Image

and another setback. after i got the glass out and started hitting the windshield frame with the wire brush, i found much more rust than i was hoping to find...rusting from the inside out. i decided to scrap it and order a new frame now while i was set up for it. (budgetary overage :2thumup: )
Posted Image

Posted Image

once they start, they're just gonna keep going. somepeople would have let this go longer, i suppose :score10:

Posted Image

-dave

#36 User is offline   LadyJeffson 

• First Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:26 PM

Posted Image
There was some research done at times...

Posted Image
But in the end, he ended up where he belongs... :headbang1:

Posted Image
Let's give Dave a hand!!! Arnold's lookin' GOOOOOOD!!! More pics to follow in our gallery.

Thanks everyone who helped make this happen!!
Holly

Jeep...the power of American manufacturing...600,000 Jeeps deployed during WWII...a vehichle that can go anywhere, do anything...it embodies the American spirit!

"Your winch or mine?"

"One isn't necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can't be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage."

#37 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:03 AM

Looks good, very good.

P.S. Did you weld in some pieces on this frame (not like I did :devilgrin: ) because I have a extra frame I need to install and one corner of the metal lip is gone. I was gonna remove Peaches W-shield and cut out a rib/lip and re-weld it to the other W-shield but the metal is thin from the factory. I was just wonder how or what would be the best way yo fix it & if you had any thoughts.

Posted Image

#38 User is offline   LadyJeffson 

• First Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:07 AM

View PostRollbar, on Mar 23 2009, 12:03 PM, said:

Looks good, very good.

P.S. Did you weld in some pieces on this frame (not like I did :devilgrin: ) because I have a extra frame I need to install and one corner of the metal lip is gone. I was gonna remove Peaches W-shield and cut out a rib/lip and re-weld it to the other W-shield but the metal is thin from the factory. I was just wonder how or what would be the best way yo fix it & if you had any thoughts.

Posted Image

Nope. We bought a new one and painted it.
Holly

"Your winch or mine?"

#39 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:17 AM

1. Where did U buy it?
2. Did U have any problem mounting the glass because some of the after market W-shields are a tad smaller and the after market rubber seals don't fit the OEM W-shields very well.
3. Is the old one gone, I could use some metal off it if someone could bring it to EJSafari.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic