• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unicode issue w/ ASCII art?

#1 User is offline   92SquareEye 

• Colonel
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:09 AM

i tried to answer JimBs challenge for ascii art, but my spacing seems to get ignored. what can i do? (see below)

thanks

-dave

os x.4.11; safari 3.1.2

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   TombRaiderTim 

• Colonel

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:39 AM

Same happned to me seams like the forum deletes extra spaces if there is more than one next to eachother.
Tim

'03 Tomb Raider Rubicon (#0986)
4.88 gears, Bellyup, oil pan skid, 1 ton high stearing, SYE with Tom woods RE adjustable upper control arms, Rubens 4130 heat treated lower adjustable control amrs with greasible johnny joints, OX outer axle seals, 1" MM lift, 1-1/4" BL. and maybe more but I cant remember
'98 Grand Cherokee

Ru•bi•con n.
A limit that when passed or exceeded permits of no return and typically results in irrevocable commitment.

#3 User is offline   JeepinIan 

• Major General
  • View gallery

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:46 AM

Make it a gif w/ a clear background and use it for your sig.
Ian Stewart

If you don't fight for the trails, there won't be any trails to fight for.

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Zig Ziglar

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ....

John Stuart Mill

#4 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief
  • Group: Admin

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:54 AM

View PostJeepinIan, on Aug 1 2008, 12:46 PM, said:

Make it a gif w/ a clear background and use it for your sig.

This is exactly the correct answer. I would use png format. Make sure the graphic size is small enough to coincide from what the JeepTalk guidelines require for signatures. For example, I'm looking at the signatures on this topic and TombRiderTim has a good size. His happens to be an animated gif file.

Php and some Html code in most cases trims empty spaces. To make this work it would require a complete re write of the code.

Admin

#5 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief
  • Group: Admin

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:48 PM

View PostTombRaiderTim, on Aug 1 2008, 12:39 PM, said:

Same happened to me seams like the forum deletes extra spaces if there is more than one next to each other.

Forgot to give all of you a tip that might work or at least get it close enough.

If you use the indent button, or the indent tag, that's basically the same thing as a tab, so you can space things that way..

The indent button is to the right side of the editor, just to the left of the left, center and right align buttons.
You can't align it perfectly to an exact spot, but you can get it close..

Admin

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic