Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Real Time Viewer List

#1 User is offline   soflmuddin 

• Captain
  • Group: Banned

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:42 AM

im sure alot here know more about computers than me. was looking at online viewer list and refreshing, yea spying, and thought it would be cool if this was in real time. you would be able to see where other members are moving to with out refreshing. this would come in handy when you waiting for a reply on a post. instead of refreshing you would see when a member goes from viewing to posting on a thread. just a thought. dont even know if its doable or practical.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
.................97 s-10....................................79 cj-5........................................03 wj......................................67 cj5...................................87 samurai..........

#2 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 08 June 2008 - 11:25 AM

That sounds like a good idea, just send fifty bucks to Admin & it might get the ball rolling. I would be willing to donate my expertise to the coding :scratch:
*MY CJ IS YOUR yJ's DADDY*
'48 Willys; '74CJ5; '80CJ7; '84 CJ8; '86 CJ7

*Who Needs A Stinking Manual When You Have A Fat Wallet For Tech Support!*

*What man is a man who does not make the world better*

Support the Central Florida Bible Camp for kids

#3 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief
  • Group: Admin

Posted 08 June 2008 - 01:02 PM

It would take an Ajax plugging and time to customize the PHP code. As of now you can see everyone until they log out, yes you do have to navigate and come back which will update.

If you would like to see something like this and have us look at the time and cost involved, do what Rollbar suggested by contributing to the cost to set this in place. Let us know how serious is your interest and post here if you are willing to contribute to the cost of such modification.

Admin

#4 User is offline   soflmuddin 

• Captain
  • Group: Banned

Posted 08 June 2008 - 10:48 PM

View PostAdmin, on Jun 8 2008, 02:02 PM, said:

It would take an Ajax plugging and time to customize the PHP code. As of now you can see everyone until they log out, yes you do have to navigate and come back which will update.

If you would like to see something like this and have us look at the time and cost involved, do what Rollbar suggested by contributing to the cost to set this in place. Let us know how serious is your interest and post here if you are willing to contribute to the cost of such modification.

Admin

well i thought i was contributing with the idea. if there is a doller amount to get it going tell me and ill help what i can. next time you plug for money pm- me as this does come off as being rude. edit or remove if this seems confrontational.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
.................97 s-10....................................79 cj-5........................................03 wj......................................67 cj5...................................87 samurai..........

#5 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief
  • Group: Admin

Posted 08 June 2008 - 11:31 PM

View Postsoflmuddin, on Jun 8 2008, 11:48 PM, said:

well i thought i was contributing with the idea. if there is a doller amount to get it going tell me and ill help what i can. next time you plug for money pm- me as this does come off as being rude. edit or remove if this seems confrontational.

Ideas are welcome. Some are not as a priority such as this one especially when something already is in place that is very similar but with a few extra steps. Most modifications will cost time, work and money. Most modifications that have already been made on JeetTalk are mostly paid by people who graciously contribute without any announcements or requiring anything in return. It is because of these people that JT is still around.

We gave you an option on your idea rather than just tell you that it can not be done as we have allotted the few funds that we have for other procedures that carry more of a priority. At no time we were as you say plugging you for money, if we were we would have done the opposite and would have contacted you privately. We actually give advice to Members of JT of free services and tools that are available on the web.

Obviously this modification is not as important to you as your response clearly shows it. We look for other responses that might be interested in such an idea. From your postings and your past messages you seem quick to judge and take things a bit personal. We meant no rudeness unlike your response.

Because of such a response, past postings and messages from you, I would turn down any help or contribution that you might be willing to offer publicly or privately. Don't take this the wrong way, I am just going from past experiences in dealing with people with the same similarities in approach.

Admin

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked