Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Illegal Wheeling Locations Topics and posts will be deleted

#1 User is offline   TombRaiderTim 

• Colonel
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:26 AM

Ive already posted about this for Lost Lake and and in general about wheeling in illegal locations. So im just going to reiterate, what was said. Us in the wheeling community have a very hard time keeping public land avalible for us to wheel on and now it seams that more private land is also being taken away.

I will be more closely montering wheeling trips that are posted here on Jeeptalk, as jeeptalk is a public forum and avalbile to anyone with internet, we dont want the wrong message to get out there. If you wish to wheel in a location that is private land, you must make sure you have written permission to be there, for yourself and who ever is along. Ive checked out 8th street and the humps with the property appraisers and the land there that is wheeled on is private property owned by several different companies or individuals, so I think getting persmission may be difficult.

So I will delete any postings I see about wheeling at any private land without permission given. We do have some great locatoins here in South Florida that are legal to wheel and I encouge you all to check them out. For example, Bear Island, Holylands and Corbet. I know they are a bit of a drive and some cost some money to wheel there, but the money goes to helping keep the these places open for us. And even though these places are legal to wheel you still need to obey their own rules.
Tim

'03 Tomb Raider Rubicon (#0986)
4.88 gears, Bellyup, oil pan skid, 1 ton high stearing, SYE with Tom woods RE adjustable upper control arms, Rubens 4130 heat treated lower adjustable control amrs with greasible johnny joints, OX outer axle seals, 1" MM lift, 1-1/4" BL. and maybe more but I cant remember
'98 Grand Cherokee

Ru•bi•con n.
A limit that when passed or exceeded permits of no return and typically results in irrevocable commitment.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked