• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

M416 Custom Trailer Not a MIL SPEC Rebuild

#31 User is offline   SodMan 

• Captain
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:57 PM

Linex is done. We had a few technical difficulties with sandblasting the tub, but it's all done. The guys at Sarasota Linex were great. They worked diligently to overcome the problems we incurred. We ended up running linex down to the first bend in the top. It should prevent the tarp straps from rubbing the paint.
Here's some pictures. See what you think.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Life is short, BOG it to the hub!!!!!!!
1977 CJ7, d30 frt/ARB locker/4:56, amc20widetrack rear w/Blue torch truss system/Detroit locker, molly one piece axles/4:56. MT classic lock rims w/15.5x15x35 TSL's, 4" skyjacker under spring lift +1" body lift + 11/4" shackel lift, anti wrap adjustable stabalizers, sway bar disconects, Warn front bumper w/9000#winch,Warn rear bumper w/matching spare. dry box. linex tub, 3R racing seats w/ 4way harnesess, tuffy security console, tuffy overhead console w/JVC cd and cobra C.B. Rear soundbar, Diamond plate rear corner guards and rocker guards. Aluminum dash w/ultralite guages and megellen GPS. windsheild mounted warn h/l beam off road lights. Under the hood??? AMC, not Ford, Not Cheverolet, not Dodge, but AMC 401 w/goodies tied to a built TH400 pushing through a D300 w/ Currie twin stick. IT STILL GET'S STUCK! The GPS is for locating gas stations!!!!!!!!!! A/C = holes in floor, no windows and bikini top!

#32 User is offline   SodMan 

• Captain
  • View gallery

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:02 PM

Here's a few with the MISTRESS
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's all for now. I hope to get the Diamond plate and tarp put together next week. I would like to have it ready for Hardrock on memorial weekend.
1977 CJ7, d30 frt/ARB locker/4:56, amc20widetrack rear w/Blue torch truss system/Detroit locker, molly one piece axles/4:56. MT classic lock rims w/15.5x15x35 TSL's, 4" skyjacker under spring lift +1" body lift + 11/4" shackel lift, anti wrap adjustable stabalizers, sway bar disconects, Warn front bumper w/9000#winch,Warn rear bumper w/matching spare. dry box. linex tub, 3R racing seats w/ 4way harnesess, tuffy security console, tuffy overhead console w/JVC cd and cobra C.B. Rear soundbar, Diamond plate rear corner guards and rocker guards. Aluminum dash w/ultralite guages and megellen GPS. windsheild mounted warn h/l beam off road lights. Under the hood??? AMC, not Ford, Not Cheverolet, not Dodge, but AMC 401 w/goodies tied to a built TH400 pushing through a D300 w/ Currie twin stick. IT STILL GET'S STUCK! The GPS is for locating gas stations!!!!!!!!!! A/C = holes in floor, no windows and bikini top!

#33 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 11 May 2008 - 12:22 PM

WOW, CoolBeans wanted me to post this for U SodMan.

He made the top frame out of PVC & it turned out great.
Posted Image

#34 User is offline   Livefree 

• Major

Posted 11 May 2008 - 12:47 PM

View PostSodMan, on May 11 2008, 03:02 AM, said:

Here's a few with the MISTRESS
That's all for now. I hope to get the Diamond plate and tarp put together next week. I would like to have it ready for Hardrock on memorial weekend.

Very nice trailer.
2002 JT X, 35" MTR Kavlar Goodyear tires, Trail Ready 15"x 10" aluminum Beadlock Rims. Ox Lockers both axles, Currie Anti-Rock, Dana 44’s with Chromoly axles , Custom bully up, Warn 9500ti, 4” long arm lift, 1-1/2” body lift, 1” motor mount lift and more. Atlas 2 speed Transfer case, Custom High Steering and Tom Woods Front and rear Drive shafts. Sniper Fab front Bumper, and Jeeperman Rear. T&T Zero HI line front fenders and corner wrap skins with 4" LED tail lights.

#35 User is offline   SodMan 

• Captain
  • View gallery

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:25 PM

View PostRollbar, on May 11 2008, 01:22 PM, said:

WOW, CoolBeans wanted me to post this for U SodMan.

He made the top frame out of PVC & it turned out great.

I like the frame, where did he get the tarp. I am trying to get someone who makes boat tops to make mine. Coolbeans is the one who got me started on this project. I had been interested in a 416 for a while, but after I saw his I became determined.

#36 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:39 PM

He had someone make the canvas top. The frame is just PVC put together & painted black, it's very nice & adds no weight. It does give a lot of room for extra storage. All he needs to do now is get a tiny honda generator & he is set. He got a sweet deal on the trailer for 850 & no rust.

I want one also but $. It would look good behind the CJ8 that I'm bringing up next month, seems the club member want it here so they can work on it to help finish it.
*MY CJ IS YOUR yJ's DADDY*
'48 Willys; '74CJ5; '80CJ7; '84 CJ8; '86 CJ7

*Who Needs A Stinking Manual When You Have A Fat Wallet For Tech Support!*

*What man is a man who does not make the world better*

Support the Central Florida Bible Camp for kids

#37 User is offline   SodMan 

• Captain
  • View gallery

Posted 11 May 2008 - 04:04 PM

View PostRollbar, on May 11 2008, 03:39 PM, said:

He had someone make the canvas top. The frame is just PVC put together & painted black, it's very nice & adds no weight. It does give a lot of room for extra storage. All he needs to do now is get a tiny honda generator & he is set. He got a sweet deal on the trailer for 850 & no rust.

I want one also but $. It would look good behind the CJ8 that I'm bringing up next month, seems the club member want it here so they can work on it to help finish it.

I told you let me know when and I'll follow you down w/my car hauler. It has a winch to drag it on. I'd be happy to help. I am shooting for August to start on my Scrambler. I think I know what color it will be as well. That's pretty bad when you paint the Scrambler to match the trailer. Kinda like the tail waggin the dog :biggrin1: Are we off topic?

#38 User is offline   Smokey 

• Captain

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:09 PM

Sodman, great looking trailer. You got me considering if restoring mine to military spec is the best way to go. I like the paint matching the jeep, which my wife would love, but I would never hear the end of it from Jim B. I think it will turn out nice as a military color but it won't be as nice as yours with the linex. Oh well, it is what it is. Is that the original data plate on the trailer or did you order a new one? If you ordered a new one, where did you get it?

I am in the priming stage of mine and hopefully I'll have it painted in the next week. I still need to order new tires and get it registered, but it's starting to get close.

I'll be posting some updated pictures soon.

Hope to see you over the labor day weekend in Ocala.
Help A Fellow Jeeper Out!
Jake Info Donations To Assist Show Your Support
SFJC and 50/50 Offroad Team

#39 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:05 AM

Sodman's trailer does look very nice indeed with the matching candy apple red. Let's face it guys... any shade in red is the color. Smokey don't sweat it, your green would have looked ok if you match it but not as stand out as the red shade. Besides the military look is a chick magnet. :)

Sodman, you can buy ready made canvas military covers for your trailer if you don't want to go the pvc route.
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niņo
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#40 User is offline   Smokey 

• Captain

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:54 AM

View PostJim B, on May 12 2008, 07:05 AM, said:

Sodman's trailer does look very nice indeed with the matching candy apple red. Let's face it guys... any shade in red is the color. Smokey don't sweat it, your green would have looked ok if you match it but not as stand out as the red shade. Besides the military look is a chick magnet. :)

Sodman, you can buy ready made canvas military covers for your trailer if you don't want to go the pvc route.

Jim, I'm not going to sweat it. It will look good hopefully when it's done. By the way, I hope I don't have to pull a military trailer around town as a chick magnet like some people I know may need to! :question: :question:

#41 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:58 PM

Smokey, your would look trick if it matched the JK & if you either did the lineX or Hurc liner to trim it out.

#42 User is offline   Smokey 

• Captain

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:00 PM

Well, since I am going with the military restore I am going to go that route for now. If I get tired of the military look, maybe I'll repaint it down the road. What the heck, it is only time and money! :lol:

#43 User is offline   SodMan 

• Captain
  • View gallery

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:22 PM

View PostJim B, on May 12 2008, 07:05 AM, said:

Sodman's trailer does look very nice indeed with the matching candy apple red. Let's face it guys... any shade in red is the color. Smokey don't sweat it, your green would have looked ok if you match it but not as stand out as the red shade. Besides the military look is a chick magnet. :scratch:

Thanks Jim B. I want to build aluminum bows and stretch a black tarp over it. I know the black is hot, but I want it to match.

#44 User is offline   SodMan 

• Captain
  • View gallery

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:29 PM

Well, all is done but the tarp. Hope it passes everyones inspection.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:34 PM

Posted Image

I see a paint run in the gas can :naughty:

Looks excellent. I was looking @ the pics B-4 the D-plate & it looks better w/it cause it brings the CJ into the trailer & vise-a-versa. :scratch:

#46 User is offline   SodMan 

• Captain
  • View gallery

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:38 PM

One more. Posted Image
I've had a great time working on this thing. Can't wait to take it on it's first trip. I am going to try and get some newer tires as these look pretty dry rotted to me and I don't want to blow one and have it rip lights and fenders apart. I'll add a few shots after I get the tarp on it.

#47 User is offline   SodMan 

• Captain
  • View gallery

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:43 PM

View PostRollbar, on May 14 2008, 09:34 PM, said:

Posted Image

I see a paint run in the gas can :devil:

SHHHHHHHHHH :scratch: Don't tell everyone :naughty:

#48 User is offline   Smokey 

• Captain

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:33 PM

Looks great! The diamond plate definitely brings the trailer together with the jeep. I don't know what your plans are for tires but I bought a set of the same military tires for $89 each. If you need the company info let me know.

#49 User is offline   SodMan 

• Captain
  • View gallery

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:47 PM

View Postsmokey, on May 14 2008, 10:33 PM, said:

Looks great! The diamond plate definitely brings the trailer together with the jeep. I don't know what your plans are for tires but I bought a set of the same military tires for $89 each. If you need the company info let me know.

I can get military tires in Avon Park. Not sure if I want military or a set of AT's

#50 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:52 PM

If they R 5x5.5 then get the AT, if U have a flat U can use the trailer tire for the CJ. :scratch:

#51 User is offline   SodMan 

• Captain
  • View gallery

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:02 PM

View PostRollbar, on May 14 2008, 10:52 PM, said:

If they R 5x5.5 then get the AT, if U have a flat U can use the trailer tire for the CJ. :scratch:

What is standard military? They are the originals.

#52 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:05 PM

The CJ will fit all the way back to the Willy's (bolt pattern). Then came the yJ & screwed :scratch: everything up all the way to the JK.

#53 User is offline   SodMan 

• Captain
  • View gallery

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:13 PM

View PostRollbar, on May 14 2008, 11:05 PM, said:

The CJ will fit all the way back to the Willy's (bolt pattern). Then came the yJ & screwed :naughty: everything up all the way to the JK.

Cool, It's the first time I have ever felt like I was in the norm :scratch: Poor guys with the square headlights and messed up lug patterns. Kinda feel sorry for them :wacko: :cry1: :devil:

#54 User is offline   SodMan 

• Captain
  • View gallery

Posted 15 May 2008 - 05:11 PM

Okay Jim B, where can I get that tarp and how fast? I'm tired of looking and trying to get a bow system set up. I need something quick to get by with. Also, can I get it in black?

#55 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:26 AM

View PostSodMan, on May 15 2008, 06:11 PM, said:

Okay Jim B, where can I get that tarp and how fast? I'm tired of looking and trying to get a bow system set up. I need something quick to get by with. Also, can I get it in black?

Sodman,

These guys are a bit on the high side.
http://www.beachwoodcanvas.com/

Weebe webbing is where I get all my stuff from. They are of great quality and good pricing.
http://www.odcloth.com/products.html

Call them personally with regards to the black, they might die or have them. If they don't they might be able to refer you to someone that does or has them.
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niņo
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#56 User is offline   Sky6 

• Colonel

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:50 AM

Sodman,
I really like what you have done with your trailer.

joe
Be yourself, everyone else is taken
DAYTONA BEER POLICE MEMBER #6
'03 TJ-- 4" SkyJacker, OX lockers, D-Super35, 4.56 gears, Warn 9.5ti winch, Grant 4x4 rock rear bumper and tire carrier, 33x12.5x15 M/T, 15x10 steel rims, QuickAir2, A to Z Fabrication Rock Guards, KC lites, TrailDoors, Bushwacker 6" flares. Rock Hard Roll cage.
'04Liberty--3.7L, auto, 4x4

JoePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#57 User is offline   SodMan 

• Captain
  • View gallery

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:04 PM

View PostJim B, on May 16 2008, 07:26 AM, said:

Sodman,

These guys are a bit on the high side.
http://www.beachwoodcanvas.com/

Weebe webbing is where I get all my stuff from. They are of great quality and good pricing.
http://www.odcloth.com/products.html

Call them personally with regards to the black, they might die or have them. If they don't they might be able to refer you to someone that does or has them.

Cool, Thank you. I'll give them a buzz.

View Postsky6, on May 16 2008, 07:50 AM, said:

Sodman,
I really like what you have done with your trailer.

joe

Thanks Joe, It was fun. I can't wait till the maiden voyge next weekend.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic