Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weber Carb

#1 User is offline   weejeep 

• Sergeant Major
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 April 2008 - 04:15 PM

I have a 32/36 (new) on my 88 yj. I have to pump it alot to get it started when cold. Plus once it's started , it does not idle high then kick down to the normal idle. She runs fine them. The only problems I am having it gets HORRIBLE gas milage, and it smells when driving, especially when I exceralate a bit heavey and when I down shift to stop. PLEASE HELP!! Thanks

#2 User is offline   Rollbar 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:06 PM

IMO Junk it. For the past yr & a 1/2 a friend of mine has done everything there is to do to his Weber on a new engine & it got terrible gas mileage & the idle problems. He did contact Weber & there was a kit to take care of it or something about on different parts for the carb to help the problem.

Since removed he now gets 18MPG (4:10 gears w/33" tires & a fresh 258) w/his new carb. What carb U ask, the Ole Carter, yep, the Ole Carter. He plugged the vacuum holes in the air horn & made it a true 2BBL w/out the emission stuff etc. Been working well. Installed this past week.

I have heard of Webers all around the forum about this problem & how can I do this or that cause it won't run right on my Jeep.

If U look here, U will see a 22 yr old Carter at work w/ only two rebuilds & one of them was by me. I'm going to look into the vacuum thing for the Carter.

P.S. He has his Weber for sale if U want it. :whistle: :sneak:
*MY CJ IS YOUR yJ's DADDY*
'48 Willys; '74CJ5; '80CJ7; '84 CJ8; '86 CJ7

*Who Needs A Stinking Manual When You Have A Fat Wallet For Tech Support!*

*What man is a man who does not make the world better*

Support the Central Florida Bible Camp for kids

#3 User is offline   Coneal30 

• Civilian Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:53 PM

you need a FPR?

Share this topic: