Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Market Place Update

#1 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief
  • Group: Admin

Posted 23 April 2008 - 06:33 PM

We have added the following Custom modification to the Market place Category.
We hope that it will create a faster way for all Member to better keep track of all Items.

These new modifications will be active in the following forums under the Market Place:
For Sale Jeep
Wanted, Trade & Give Away Jeep Stuff
Non Jeep: For Sale, Wanted, Give Away, Jobs

1. The modification allows the Topic starter (only) to delete his own topic once the item is sold or no longer available.

2. Subject Title & Edit Post can be changed by Topic Starter (only) to note that the item sold or changed the topic to add more description or to updated multiple items. Keep in mind the Subject titles are to be kept short and to the point. Explain all inside the body of the Topic.

We expect JeepTalk Members to keep this up to date and clean up after their own.

This will allow to keep the Market place section a bit cleaner and easier for Members on the hunt to be able to spot items that are still active rather than to read through pages only to find out that the item was sold, no longer wanted or available.

Originally this Modification was discussed here: Market Place New Possible New Features

How Is This Done:

Only the topic starter in the above listed forums will be the only ones able to do this. Any one replying to the topic will not have any of these options.

After the Topic Starter has created the Topic an on the main page of his own topic you will see a Drop Down Tab to the right called "Options". The Topic Starter will Click on this and you will see the drop down menu.

You will see two new options:

Delete Topic: Self explanatory
Change Title: Allows you to change the Subject of the Topic as well as to edit your Post.

We hope that this modification will help all of you and not cause any extra work for the Moderators. We are now asking everyone that has ever started a topic in any of these 3 Forums to please go back and either Delete or Update.

I want to thank the two JT Members who helped out in testing these new features making sure all was working.

Admin

#2 User is offline   MrSig 

• Colonel
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 April 2008 - 03:58 AM

Admin,
That is great Thanks...
CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s
http://www.blacksheep4x4s.org
https://www.facebook...acksheep4x4sorg
Posted Image
Member of CCJ
White Jeep Club Member #137

#3 User is offline   Admin 

• Commander In Chief
  • Group: Admin

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:51 AM

I don't see this happening often since it was implemented. I was actually looking forward to the benefits to keep updated. I had a feeling that people would just forget.

I hope this Code was not done in vein. If I don't see any activity on this on the next forum file update I will remove this feature as it takes extra work on each update that I do to JT to re code the files. After this only the Moderators would be able to make changes.

Admin

#4 User is offline   JeepDew 

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:19 AM

hey Admin, how about sending a mass email to give everyone a quick reminder, some of those items are sold by folks that don't come around to often.
just my $.04 (inflation.... :biggrin1: )
I own 2 Jeeps, both of them
Posted Image
04TJ & 88MJ

http://jeepdew.mybrute.com / my brute will kick your brute's @$$

#5 User is offline   JeepNWilly 

• Brigadier General
  • View gallery
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:24 PM

I just took advantage of the feature
Thanks Admin :innocent:
Willy