• You cannot reply to this topic

Restoring M416 Trailer

#31 User is offline   SodMan 

• Captain
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 June 2008 - 06:26 PM

View PostSmokey, on Jun 15 2008, 02:33 PM, said:

Well I am not done, but close enough that I could roll it out of the garage for my father's day gift to myself and take some pictures. I still have to get the stencils to paint on, the tarp, put on the wheel hubs and finish up the wiring.

Here are the photos. :2thumup: :biggrin1: :band:

Posted Image

Sorry for the glare on a couple of the pictures. Once I am done I will do a complete write up...

Very nice Smokey. I didn't know a Mustang would fit on top of a M416 :lol:
I do like that Mustang. O'yea I think you did a great job on the trailer to. :2thumup:
Life is short, BOG it to the hub!!!!!!!
1977 CJ7, d30 frt/ARB locker/4:56, amc20widetrack rear w/Blue torch truss system/Detroit locker, molly one piece axles/4:56. MT classic lock rims w/15.5x15x35 TSL's, 4" skyjacker under spring lift +1" body lift + 11/4" shackel lift, anti wrap adjustable stabalizers, sway bar disconects, Warn front bumper w/9000#winch,Warn rear bumper w/matching spare. dry box. linex tub, 3R racing seats w/ 4way harnesess, tuffy security console, tuffy overhead console w/JVC cd and cobra C.B. Rear soundbar, Diamond plate rear corner guards and rocker guards. Aluminum dash w/ultralite guages and megellen GPS. windsheild mounted warn h/l beam off road lights. Under the hood??? AMC, not Ford, Not Cheverolet, not Dodge, but AMC 401 w/goodies tied to a built TH400 pushing through a D300 w/ Currie twin stick. IT STILL GET'S STUCK! The GPS is for locating gas stations!!!!!!!!!! A/C = holes in floor, no windows and bikini top!

#32 User is offline   SoilantGreen 

• Second Lieutenant
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 July 2008 - 01:55 AM

Nice job.

For future reference, I sell PPG paint and have all of the military colors matched in our industrial paint.

Federal Standard 24087 is a correct army color for the Korean War to the Viet-Nam War era. Fed Std 24052 is for Marines vehicles.

Keep the trailer out of the sun as much as possible, the two brands that "cater" to our hobby have a bad habit of fading quickly in UV rays. I'm not attempting to "run down" the competition, just passing along a fact that may save you a future re-paint. But then, the technology (solvent borne alkyd enamels) are a sixty year old technology and can't be expected to do much better.
Jeeptobetfest is October 23 & 24. Y'all come!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic