Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Winch On Stock JK Bumper

#1 User is offline   rockerknight 

• Staff Sergeant
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 March 2008 - 02:17 PM

well kinda explains what i am doing i did some search and about 4 people from the project jk board did it so i am going to give it a shot what the worst that can happen i have to buy new plastic bumper piece. mine is already dented up some from bumping in to a wall and from my atv bumping into it also http://www.jk-forum....read.php?t=2001 they have some pictures of it i think it looks pretty sweet so ill see how mine turns out..ill try and get some pictures and set up a how to on it myself.

#2 User is offline   Smokey 

• Captain

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:12 PM

I had considered going that route, but after thinking about it I went with a Rugged Ridge XHD modular bumper. I think the stock setup is nice but I hated the plastic bumper. Good luck and let us see how it comes out.
Help A Fellow Jeeper Out!
Jake Info Donations To Assist Show Your Support
SFJC and 50/50 Offroad Team

#3 User is offline   TallJeep 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 09 March 2008 - 07:10 PM

It looks good, just make sure you measure 10 times before cutting the bumper and also I would put door trim (the plastic for the edge) around the inside of the hole.

Good luck!!!

#4 User is offline   rockerknight 

• Staff Sergeant

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:31 PM

half way done all i have to do is finish cutting the plastic bumper and then install all the wiring started to get dark and getting to lazy i will probably finish it next weekend but hey the winch is mounted i just have to hook up the wiring and im good to go :scratch: who needs a bumper...

ps don't touch the metal after grinding it gets hot! not that i would do anything like that :serenade: and the plastic is thicker than i though

what did you say measure with a micrometer mark it with a crayon and cut it with an ax?

#5 User is offline   rockerknight 

• Staff Sergeant

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:09 PM

still tinkering around with it... my job takes up alot of time and i have to do some more grinding and it gets to late lol i have had the neighbors call the cops on me once for doing it to late :shock:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic