#31 User is offline   soflmuddin 

• Captain
  • Group: Banned

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:58 PM

here is another pic
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
.................97 s-10....................................79 cj-5........................................03 wj......................................67 cj5...................................87 samurai..........

#32 User is offline   HankDz 

• Corporal
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:15 AM

View Postsmokey, on Mar 26 2008, 10:59 PM, said:

Hey Skinner, since you are going with this new wood theme for your jeep I figured I would give you some ideas to help you out.

You could go with wood doors like this. I am sure you could do a better job fabricating and painting them though.

Posted Image

And if you really get adventurous you could go this route.

Posted Image

Just image all the things you could mount on a jeep like this and how easy it would be. And it even looks like if you polish your wood enough you could get a nice shine on it.

Hope this helps you with ideas.

Oh boy. This brings back memories of old woody's. I remember when they had real wood bodies. The panel inserts were usually made of marine grade mahogany plywood. real sharp contrast between the maple or ash rails and stiles used for support and the darker wood of the panels. Best way to shine them up today would be to use multiple coats of polyurethane instead of lacquer.
Ah good old memory lane.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic