• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cable Crimper & Post Hole Digger

#1 User is offline   fishalways 

• First Lieutenant
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 January 2008 - 10:55 AM

I am in need of a cable crimper.
I am relocating the control soelinoids for my winch under my hood and need to make up new cables and I don't want to buy a crimper.
If anyone can help me out, thanks.

Also, I am moving some fence at my house and need to dig some holes for the posts.
If anyone has the clamp type post hold digger I can borrow.

Email me

Thanks

Dan
2006 Unlimited Rubicon
3.5 Rubicon Express Super Flex
ProComp 33x12.5 XTerrain

Piss off a Republican, work hard, play hard and think.

#2 User is offline   TallJeep 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:05 AM

View Postfishalways, on Jan 14 2008, 10:55 AM, said:

I am in need of a cable crimper.
I am relocating the control soelinoids for my winch under my hood and need to make up new cables and I don't want to buy a crimper.
If anyone can help me out, thanks.

Also, I am moving some fence at my house and need to dig some holes for the posts.
If anyone has the clamp type post hold digger I can borrow.

Email me

Thanks

Dan

I have a pole digger (manual not the drill type) if you need it I have it at my shop in hallandale, call me you have my number

Gustavo

#3 User is offline   92SquareEye 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:40 AM

View Postfishalways, on Jan 14 2008, 10:55 AM, said:

I'm planning on doing this same thing. i'm going to move the solenoid box to the inside fender well and then wire the remote to the dash. plans are for a 3 position rocker switch to arm the winch (wired controls - off - wireless remote) and a 2 position rocker for the feed (in - out). in that the heater has been removed, i'm building a 6 switch panel plate which fits the dash space fine. both the housing and waterproof rocker switches can be found at west marine, if you're interested in anything similar.

-dave

ps - since we eradicated the front bumper and tow bar mounts at holey lands this weekend, i bet you get around to this project before i do. i'll be curious to see how you do it.

#4 User is offline   fishalways 

• First Lieutenant

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:44 AM

Thanks guys

Gus, can you bring it by this weekend when we go diving?

Dave. I am planning on somthing similar I havent decided how to run the switch though. I know I don't want to have a dash mounted swtich though. I may just rewire the existing hand swich with new plugs.
2006 Unlimited Rubicon
ProComp 33x12.5 XTerrain

#5 User is offline   TallJeep 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:47 AM

Dan, You got it.

Dan and Dave, you guys might want to check www.12voltguy.com he has what you need and the diference in price might not be much.:naughty:

#6 User is offline   92SquareEye 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 14 January 2008 - 12:01 PM

View Postfishalways, on Jan 14 2008, 11:44 AM, said:

Dave. I am planning on somthing similar I havent decided how to run the switch though. I know I don't want to have a dash mounted swtich though. I may just rewire the existing hand swich with new plugs.

can you splice a disconnect into the line and run it through a spare hole in the firewall? that way you could plug the pendant in when you need it but not loose the space when you don't. i'm not familiar w/ the tj too much, but my firewall has several opening where i've added a grommet and pulled wire. where the leads currently leave the solenoid, i fed then through some radiator hose for when they went through the body...no chance of chafing. just a thought...

View PostTallJeep, on Jan 14 2008, 11:47 AM, said:

Dan and Dave, you guys might want to check www.12voltguy.com he has what you need and the diference in price might not be much.:2:

tiredpete bought his dash winch plate from him and i'm well aware of him (excellent work). he gets a little pricey on custom work, especially when waterproof components are required. plus...even though i rarely get it right on the first time, i like doing the work myself (and then there's that i'm so tight that i squeak when i walk thing :whistle: ) i pressure wash the entire jeep...dash and all so i need the waterproofing.

-dave

ps - depending on where you get the cable and leads from, you should be able to rent/borrow a crimper (A-zone?)

#7 User is offline   92SquareEye 

• Colonel
  • View gallery

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:10 AM

View Postfishalways, on Jan 14 2008, 11:55 AM, said:

I am in need of a cable crimper. I am relocating the control soelinoids for my winch under my hood and need to make up new cables and I don't want to buy a crimper.

not sure where you are in this project...just starting mine. I've found that the larger west marine stores sell 2/4 ga battery cable by the foot and have a workbench w/ a crimper that you can use for free.

-dave

#8 User is offline   fishalways 

• First Lieutenant

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:18 PM

View PostLrdJeffson, on Feb 16 2008, 10:10 AM, said:

not sure where you are in this project...just starting mine. I've found that the larger west marine stores sell 2/4 ga battery cable by the foot and have a workbench w/ a crimper that you can use for free.

-dave

I haven't had a chance to get into it but maybe next weekend now that I am working again.

Don't forget to take pics.
2006 Unlimited Rubicon
ProComp 33x12.5 XTerrain

#9 User is offline   YellowSub2000 

• Major

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:43 PM

Dan and Dave,
I have a heavy duty crimper if you still need it. Does 8 awg to 2/0 awg. Might even have connectors depending on the guage cable. Call me, I'll hook you up.
No more Jeep. :(

Thank you to all of those whom have helped me through the years. There have been some amazing rides and events.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic