• Major General
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 January 2007 - 01:57 PM

Here's the ARRA link:

PUBLIC WORKSHOP

PUBLIC

WORKSHOP

As a part of Miami-Dade County's continuing commitment to public participation in local government, the Park and Recreation Department invites area residents to attend a public workshop:

Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Feasibility Study

The Department is searching for locations throughout the County that are suitable to develop OHV trails. A feasibility study is being conducted, and potential OHV sites are being ranked for suitability. Residents are encouraged to attend and comment on proposed locations for OHV trails.

The workshop will take place at:

John D. Campbell Agricultural Center Auditorium

18710 SW 288th Street

Homestead, FL 33030

Wednesday, January 24th, 2007

7:00pm - 9:00pm

For further information, requests for foreign language interpreters, or questions prior to the meeting please contact:

Andy McCall, Park Planner 2

Miami-Dade Park & Recreation Department

Planning & Research Division

305-755-7993

Call 305-755-7848 (V/TDD) for materials in accessible format, information on access for Persons with Disabilities or sign language interpreters (five days in advance).

Multiple members of individual community councils may attend.

I know it is on our meeting night, but who wants to go? I say we all wear the same color shirt to show our support.
Ian Stewart

If you don't fight for the trails, there won't be any trails to fight for.

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Zig Ziglar

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ....

John Stuart Mill

#2 User is offline   JeepinIan 

• Major General
  • View gallery

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:44 PM

TTT IMPORTANT
Ian Stewart

If you don't fight for the trails, there won't be any trails to fight for.

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Zig Ziglar

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ....

John Stuart Mill

#3 User is offline   jeep_freedomryder 

• Master Sergeant

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:01 AM

I would go but dont get out of work till after 9.....sounds like an interesting workshop....
89 YJ
33" mud terrains
4" suspension/3" body lift
Warn front/rear bumpers
Warn winch

#4 User is offline   Mountain Man 

• Colonel

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:58 AM

:puke:

I attended the previous one, and other than filling out a form (as to name, address, phone number, email address, if I was a member of an organized group, what type of vehicle I had, and what my main interest was in regard to OHV's)
there was very little input from the attendees......well over a hundred, as they just conducted their meeting saying they wanted input.

They also promised to mail out the results of the meeting and what the next step would be..........which they did NOT! I saw an article in the Miami Herald about the upcoming meeting, and E-N's post.

I'm glad they are having the meeting, but in my opinion from the last meeting,
it is NOT worth the time or trouble to travel a long distance for this meeting.
1982 CJ-7, 31" tires, 12,000 lb. Ramsey Winch.
2002 Jeep Liberty, lifted, 31" tires.

If GOD wanted us to own 2 wheel drive vehicles,
He would have paved the whole earth.

SFJC, Jeep Club Advisor

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic