Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Moab & Montrose-Colorado

#1 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 02 February 2004 - 03:47 PM

I've scheduled to go wheeling to these places. If anyone wishes to tag along let me know. There are two legs to this trip, you don't have to do both if your time is limited.

Leg 1:
Montrose Colorado: Will be arriving 10th of April & wheel to approx the 14th or 15th. This is a very small group, you must be properly equipped with spare parts. The trails that we will be doing are all pretty much extreme and body damage percentage is higher than 50%. The extend of the body damage could be from a small nothing scratch to a dent to a rip or gash, this depends on you. If you are interested in doing this part of the leg I must speak with you personally. Do a web search on this area or look up a trail called Die Trying so you can see pictures of where you will be headed. :amazed:

Leg2:
Moab: Will be arriving around the 16th and wheel from the 17 through Thursday the 22nd. Will head back home Friday 23rd. You don't have to wheel every day if you don't want to.

There will be quite a few real nice Jeepers in Moab doing all types of trails from easy to moderate to extreme (all of it is very scenic and mind blowing). You pick what you wish to do. Most of the extremes can be done with no problem in Moab due to their excellent traction. I would suggest that nevertheless you have front & rear locker with a winch. We try to avoid body damage on the extreme trails and most of the time it is possible. You can do the moderate ones with no problems. Don't worry about knowing your way. :drive:

Keep in mind that these are not events, just a bunch of guys/girls getting together each morning around 8:30am. We then decide what trails and who wants to go where. If you do not tow your vehicle you will be fine, just be level headed about taking some of the obstacles so you can get home. Most of them have bypasses and go arounds. You can see pictures of Moab on my Web site. All I can say... is a heck of a lot of fun. :amazed:
Moab 2k2 Album: Click Here

If you plan to go don't leave everything till last minute because you will need reservations even if you are camping. Moab has many hotels, RV sites, camping and restaurants. :) :shock: :gossip:
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niņo
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#2 User is offline   1bigdog 

• Civilian Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 February 2004 - 12:18 AM

what about the third leg?
Suppose "The Little Boy" makes it to Moab and Montrose and is still in one piece when he's done....
Will he then continue on to the 3rd leg... try to tackle the A-B creek bed? or Maybe Creek Bed #5 (remember what it did to Howard L's control arm?)?

#3 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 04 February 2004 - 10:25 AM

1BigDog,

It is not appreciated on how you dangle the outstanding Tennessee A-B creek bed trail in front of my eyes as bait for a third leg. :shock:

As I hope to be in one piece coming back from out West, I would take your offer without thinking twice if it were not for my daughter having to be in school that Monday. I managed to get approval in writing to pull her out of school for two weeks. :amazed:

The only way I can see this happening is to leave early, stop there for a day and head home which will make me loose at least another day or two. It was not a problem before... it's a shame children have to go to school. :)

I plan to make an early summer trip to TN in where you and I can tackle these trails and maybe head out to Alabama. Now if you got better ideas I'm all ears. :gossip:
El Niņo

"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.

#4 User is offline   jeepincj78 

• Brigadier General

Posted 10 February 2004 - 08:28 PM

Jim I think it is time to start home schooling your children. Then you just have to get permission fro the comanding general>>>>> :obsessed: :1thumb:
1978 Jeep CJ7 4.0HO w/ Headmann Headers, MSD ignition, front dana 30 with Warn axle shafts, Warn premium locking hubs, custom drive shafts front and rear, NP 435 Transmission (6.69 to 1 first), dana 300 transfercase, model 20 rear differential with superior axles, Ox lockers front and rear, 4.10 gears, Currie twin stick, Warn premium front locking hubs, BDS 4" spring under suspension, Rancho RS 5000 shocks, revolver front shackles, warn XD9000I winch, 35" General Grabber M/T, Rubicon Express hand throttle and sway bar disconnects, dual optima batteries(red and yellow top) w/incab switch, and a on board hot water shower.

#5 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 17 March 2004 - 08:54 AM

Only a few weeks away. Anyone for Moab you slackers! :1thumb: :2thumup:

You can even fly out there and rent a Jeep to do the trails if time is a factor. :gossip:
El Niņo

#6 User is offline   TJRon 

• Sergeant

Posted 20 March 2004 - 10:47 AM

I'll go, I'll go! What's a few rocks? :2thumup:

Posted Image

See you in a few weeks Jim. The Jeep is all ready!
Ron

#7 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 20 March 2004 - 11:11 PM

TJRON, on Mar 20 2004, 10:47 AM, said:

See you in a few weeks Jim.  The Jeep is all ready!
Ron

Ron,

I got so many things to do and so little time, I should be retired! :drive: You lucky dog... :rooster:
El Niņo

#8 User is offline   jeepincj78 

• Brigadier General

Posted 22 March 2004 - 09:24 PM

Hey Jim, what will it take to get you to set up that big back yard of yours to look like that picture?????????? :) :drive: :wacko:
1978 Jeep CJ7 4.0HO w/ Headmann Headers, MSD ignition, front dana 30 with Warn axle shafts, Warn premium locking hubs, custom drive shafts front and rear, NP 435 Transmission (6.69 to 1 first), dana 300 transfercase, model 20 rear differential with superior axles, Ox lockers front and rear, 4.10 gears, Currie twin stick, Warn premium front locking hubs, BDS 4" spring under suspension, Rancho RS 5000 shocks, revolver front shackles, warn XD9000I winch, 35" General Grabber M/T, Rubicon Express hand throttle and sway bar disconnects, dual optima batteries(red and yellow top) w/incab switch, and a on board hot water shower.

#9 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 22 March 2004 - 11:42 PM

jeepincj78, on Mar 22 2004, 09:24 PM, said:

Hey Jim, what will it take to get you to set up that big back yard of yours to look like that picture?????????? :2thumup: :innocent: :nerd:

DIVORCE :cry:
El Niņo

#10 User is offline   Tracy 

• Second Lieutenant

Posted 23 March 2004 - 07:43 AM

:nerd:
Usually I have the time and no money, this year I have the money and no time :innocent: I gotta get back out there, maybe next year.........If you haven't been and you can go, go, it's a great trip. Even my side trip to Grand Junction Col(for insurance purposes was interesting :sneak: The country is fabulous....Have fun out there, say hi to Ron and April, Linyee, Stu, Josh etc etc

:2thumup:
Red Beetle

#11 User is offline   TJRon 

• Sergeant

Posted 23 March 2004 - 12:38 PM

Hello Tracy!
Glad to hear the finances are going good. Maybe the time will come later?
We'll be thinking about you........ :innocent:

#12 User is offline   Tracy 

• Second Lieutenant

Posted 23 March 2004 - 02:26 PM

:innocent: hey Ron,
You have fun and keep them in line
Red Beetle

#13 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander

Posted 01 April 2004 - 03:57 PM

Tracy, on Mar 23 2004, 02:26 PM, said:

:1thumb:  hey Ron,
You have fun and keep them in line  :jump:

Hey, I'm not going to have any fun if TJRon does that... more like out of line is what I had in mind! :amazed: :2thumup:

Well getting slowly ready to leave beginning of next week, I expect everyone to stay out of line around here and give these outstanding Moderators a hard time... I try but they will not let me. :cool:

Moab 2k2 Album
El Niņo

#14 User is offline   Sky6 

• Colonel

Posted 10 April 2004 - 06:37 PM

Here is a well done video of some wheeling in Moab.

Way to Moab

It is a group with their XJ's. I wonder why none of them appeared to have "aired-down" at all.

Joe
Be yourself, everyone else is taken
DAYTONA BEER POLICE MEMBER #6
'03 TJ-- 4" SkyJacker, OX lockers, D-Super35, 4.56 gears, Warn 9.5ti winch, Grant 4x4 rock rear bumper and tire carrier, 33x12.5x15 M/T, 15x10 steel rims, QuickAir2, A to Z Fabrication Rock Guards, KC lites, TrailDoors, Bushwacker 6" flares. Rock Hard Roll cage.
'04Liberty--3.7L, auto, 4x4

JoePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic