• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tellico, NC 10/7/2006

#101 User is offline   Rambo 

• Brigadier General
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:55 AM

Marcus, it was my pleasure having you come with me, Im glad you were able to go. As Ruben would say we "took it to the limit".

Jim, my baby got us home in better shape then the drive up!

1. Miles broke his rear axle on slickrock. Bill and the rest of us helped in the repair.

2. My baby's engine would not start on schoolbus right before the extracredit area. 2hours later it restarted after in unplugged and replugged every electical connection in the engine bay! weird

3. Tim will be known from now on as the "tellico logger". He winched down a huge tree on upper 2. and its on video! he was very lucky it didnt land on him!

4. I think i accomplished something that has never been done, Did upper2 with my mililtary trailer, but it cost me a rear axle towards the very end of the trail. Luckily I was going home right after that trail and had all my tools spares oil etc... Between Myself, Tim, and Marcus, we were able to fix it on a steep incline at night in about 3 hours... And at about 12 midnight when we were at visual distance from exiting upper2, Tim looses his bead on front passenger. Bill was worried at the camp and decided to roam and we heard him via cb, he quickly arrived and help us out with Tims tire! When we got to trail 1, i topped off my rear diff, and taped up my trailer lights and headed home! what a day!!!!!!! Thanks again to Tim and marcus for all the hard work on upper 2!

Steven Speilberg has nothing on you Marcus! :banghead:

here is the link to Marcus' and my photos 225 so make sure you have time to see them all sorry

Kodak Slidshow
Posted ImagePosted Image

GUAPERIA OFF-ROAD READY PA TU MUNDO

visit 5050offroad.com

#102 User is offline   TombRaiderTim 

• Colonel

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:25 AM

Great Pics of upper 2. What a fun time Ill try to get a few videos up tonight
Tim

'03 Tomb Raider Rubicon (#0986)
4.88 gears, Bellyup, oil pan skid, 1 ton high stearing, SYE with Tom woods RE adjustable upper control arms, Rubens 4130 heat treated lower adjustable control amrs with greasible johnny joints, OX outer axle seals, 1" MM lift, 1-1/4" BL. and maybe more but I cant remember
'98 Grand Cherokee

Ru•bi•con n.
A limit that when passed or exceeded permits of no return and typically results in irrevocable commitment.

#103 User is offline   jeepincj78 

• Brigadier General

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:48 PM

It looks like you guys had an excellent time this year... I wish I could have been there..

Maybe next time!!! :banghead:
1978 Jeep CJ7 4.0HO w/ Headmann Headers, MSD ignition, front dana 30 with Warn axle shafts, Warn premium locking hubs, custom drive shafts front and rear, NP 435 Transmission (6.69 to 1 first), dana 300 transfercase, model 20 rear differential with superior axles, Ox lockers front and rear, 4.10 gears, Currie twin stick, Warn premium front locking hubs, BDS 4" spring under suspension, Rancho RS 5000 shocks, revolver front shackles, warn XD9000I winch, 35" General Grabber M/T, Rubicon Express hand throttle and sway bar disconnects, dual optima batteries(red and yellow top) w/incab switch, and a on board hot water shower.

#104 User is offline   TombRaiderTim 

• Colonel

Posted 11 October 2006 - 05:34 PM

OK here are just a few videos

Miles busts an axle
Tim does some logging
Alberto Looses tail light
Tim

4.88 gears, Bellyup, oil pan skid, 1 ton high stearing, SYE with Tom woods RE adjustable upper control arms, Rubens 4130 heat treated lower adjustable control amrs with greasible johnny joints, OX outer axle seals, 1" MM lift, 1-1/4" BL. and maybe more but I cant remember
'98 Grand Cherokee

Ru•bi•con n.
A limit that when passed or exceeded permits of no return and typically results in irrevocable commitment.

#105 User is offline   Rambo 

• Brigadier General

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:47 PM

Tim, those clips are great!

ps i already went to walmart and got a new smaller set of trailer lights :banghead:
Posted ImagePosted Image

visit 5050offroad.com

#106 User is offline   Bevis 

• First Lieutenant

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:22 PM

great clips......
97 TJ 2.5L, RE 5.5, 1" BL/MM, 35x12.50 BFG MT
Few Dents/Scratches From Roll @ Tellico
...and that tree in Ocala

Caloosa Jeepers Florida Jeepers

"Good News, If you woke up breathing. You have another chance"

#107 User is offline   Angler 

• Captain

Posted 12 October 2006 - 05:48 AM

Hey Tim, i'll trade you a copy of my dvd for your's at the next towershops :)

does anybody have a dvd burner so we can pass them out it takes me an hour on my dvd recorder to copy 1
02 Red TJ angler sport
MTR's 35x12.50, OX, front & rear Dana 44,30, 456 gears, WARN bumpers front & rear tire carrier, 6"longarm skyjacker lift ,Johnny joints, BDS 9500 shocks, Tom wood's drive shaft, Cobra 75 cb, Garmin GPS, 4' firestick, 6" kc slimlights, flowmaster 40 exhaust, WARN 9.5 ti, Poison spyder rockers, WARN steering box skidplate, Delta xenon headlights, K&N Air intake, 1 1/4 JKS bodylift, TP paper

Posted Image
2008 SouthEast JeepFest Champ of the ramp & 50/50 offroad team ANGLER'S YOU TUBE

#108 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:03 AM

Very nice clips Tomb. :ya: You were really fortunate with that tree. I'll bet experience will determine what tree all you guys that were there pick to winch on in the future. :boo:

Hey green, I really like some of your trailer shots and it looks neat the way you took it on the trail even though you paid the price with the damage and D35. Hey, you had fun and we have fun looking and that is what counts. :)

Btw guys, these Kodak albums are horrible, is there not another free service you guys can find to put these up, or is that pretty much it ?

Angler, edit the video and take the boring stuff out and I can make some copies for you when one of the computers are not being used.
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niño
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#109 User is offline   TombRaiderTim 

• Colonel

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:33 AM

Jim B, on Oct 12 2006, 07:03 AM, said:

Very nice clips Tomb.  :boo:  You were really fortunate with that tree.  I'll bet experience will determine what tree all you guys that were there pick to winch on in the future. :)

Jim, Yea we looked to make sure the tree was alive the rest of the night. It appeared that tree had been winched to many times because the bark was warn off at the base so we didnt second guess it. But we will from now on. I dont know how it defied physics like that either

Jim B, on Oct 12 2006, 07:03 AM, said:

Btw guys, these Kodak albums are horrible, is there not another free service you guys can find to put these up, or is that pretty much it ?

Whats so bad about the Kodak Album? I like it. You can up load all you photos at the same time and dont have to resize them. As far as I know there is no limit to the number or size of the photos uploaded. Which makes it really easy when you have over a hundered or two hundered. It sorts them into albums by date. Then I use that and can email it to all my friends and family and they can view them easily. I know you cant link to the pics but I just then pick out the few that are worth linking and then upload them to Imageshack. Kodak is much more user friendly than any of the other sites Ive used out there, otherwise I would still be uploading pictures. Just my opinion
Tim

'98 Grand Cherokee

Ru•bi•con n.

#110 User is offline   Jim B 

• Commander
  • Group: GlobalMod

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:50 AM

TombRaiderTim, on Oct 12 2006, 07:33 AM, said:

Kodak is much more user friendly than any of the other sites Ive used out there,

I guess that answers the question that out of all the free sites out there Kodak seem to be the best... that is unless someone knows of something else. Too bad you can link to them, but as you say Image Shack is there, too bad Image Shack does not have an album type upload because they seem to be the best for free linking.

Wait I think they do, did not Lt Dan use it once. :) We might need to move this discussion somewhere else if it continues.
Posted Image Posted Image
El Niño
Experience is defined as something you get, after you need it.
Give the world the best you have. The best will come back to you...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." 9th Commandment.
"Speak not Evil of the absent for it is unjust." George Washington, Rule 89 of Civility and Decent Behavior.
Wheeling Gallery ----- E-Mail
Life Member: South Florida Jeep Club

#111 User is offline   John 

• Major
  • Group: Member

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:01 AM

I thought the Kodak album was fine, I just put it on sideshow and watched them all fairly quickly. Alberto, I cant believe you decided to drag that trailer over that obstacle in Upper 2. Tim, was that you I heard holler "Oh S@#T as the tree fell???? hehe. john

#112 User is offline   YJWhenUCanTJ 

• Captain

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:40 AM

Marcus, excellent job on all the pics. Can't wait to see the videos. Alberto, man, I know Doug and I are now sorry we left in the afternoon Sunday after seeing the fun you had on upper 2. Bill gets a medal this trip for valor. Tim almost got the purple heart. Phew, close call. Marcus, next time don't duck! Keep the camera on the action! lol j/k. Glad you all made it out safe and in one piece. A few of the trees at slick rock looked like they were accidents waiting to happen too.
David M.
2003 Sport
Posted Image

#113 User is offline   TombRaiderTim 

• Colonel

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:56 PM

John, on Oct 12 2006, 09:01 AM, said:

I thought the Kodak album was fine, I just put it on sideshow and watched them all fairly quickly. Alberto, I cant believe you decided to drag that trailer over that obstacle in Upper 2. Tim, was that you I heard holler "Oh S@#T as the tree fell???? hehe. john

Not me it was Mr Spielberg :sneak:
Tim

'98 Grand Cherokee

Ru•bi•con n.

#114 User is offline   Angler 

• Captain

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:44 PM

Thanks David, I wish I had the cam on my tripod, I thought that tree was cumming right at Tim. But the shadow looks cool and I got the tree bounce for the finale :boo:

Jim I already did the final editing I'll bring a copy to the next towershops :)

John sorry about the language but it seemed appropriate at the time :ya:
02 Red TJ angler sport
MTR's 35x12.50, OX, front & rear Dana 44,30, 456 gears, WARN bumpers front & rear tire carrier, 6"longarm skyjacker lift ,Johnny joints, BDS 9500 shocks, Tom wood's drive shaft, Cobra 75 cb, Garmin GPS, 4' firestick, 6" kc slimlights, flowmaster 40 exhaust, WARN 9.5 ti, Poison spyder rockers, WARN steering box skidplate, Delta xenon headlights, K&N Air intake, 1 1/4 JKS bodylift, TP paper

Posted Image
2008 SouthEast JeepFest Champ of the ramp & 50/50 offroad team ANGLER'S YOU TUBE

#115 User is offline   TombRaiderTim 

• Colonel

Posted 13 October 2006 - 08:13 AM

Angler, on Oct 12 2006, 09:44 PM, said:

John sorry about the language but it seemed appropriate at the time :)

He was just being a good director and telling us what we should be doing :boo:
Tim

'98 Grand Cherokee

Ru•bi•con n.

#116 User is offline   John 

• Major
  • Group: Member

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:59 AM

Personally, I thought it was just one of those "Moments" or MOVEMENTS. Dependent upon your location relative to the falling tree. haha. jdn

#117 User is offline   Mountain Man 

• Colonel

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:27 AM

:usjeep:

The MOUNTAIN MAN, on top of Whiggs Meadow.

Posted Image
1982 CJ-7, 31" tires, 12,000 lb. Ramsey Winch.
2002 Jeep Liberty, lifted, 31" tires.

If GOD wanted us to own 2 wheel drive vehicles,
He would have paved the whole earth.

SFJC, Jeep Club Advisor

#118 User is offline   Mountain Man 

• Colonel

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:25 PM

sky6, on Oct 3 2006, 04:14 PM, said:

THIS JUST IN FROM TELLICO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miles is there now and called Dan (Snorky).... Campsite #7 is now sectioned off into individual campsites... and I think only 7 sites there now. That blows!!!!

Looks like no more free camping!

joe

Campsite TELLICO RIVER #7 has been renamed: HOOPER, but it is still FREE!

This is NOT progress! It was a beautiful sight, many moons ago......I first stayed there in 1986.
1982 CJ-7, 31" tires, 12,000 lb. Ramsey Winch.
2002 Jeep Liberty, lifted, 31" tires.

If GOD wanted us to own 2 wheel drive vehicles,
He would have paved the whole earth.

SFJC, Jeep Club Advisor

#119 User is offline   Sky6 

• Colonel

Posted 18 October 2006 - 04:25 PM

Mountain Man, on Oct 18 2006, 01:25 PM, said:

Miles is there now and called Dan (Snorky).... Campsite #7 is now sectioned off into individual campsites... and I think only 7 sites there now.  That blows!!!!

joe

This is NOT progress! It was a beautiful sight, many moons ago......I first stayed there in 1986.

I have a feeling that it is only free until they get the latrine set up.
Be yourself, everyone else is taken
DAYTONA BEER POLICE MEMBER #6
'03 TJ-- 4" SkyJacker, OX lockers, D-Super35, 4.56 gears, Warn 9.5ti winch, Grant 4x4 rock rear bumper and tire carrier, 33x12.5x15 M/T, 15x10 steel rims, QuickAir2, A to Z Fabrication Rock Guards, KC lites, TrailDoors, Bushwacker 6" flares. Rock Hard Roll cage.
'04Liberty--3.7L, auto, 4x4

JoePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#120 User is offline   Rambo 

• Brigadier General

Posted 18 October 2006 - 06:54 PM

sky6, on Oct 18 2006, 05:25 PM, said:

Mountain Man, on Oct 18 2006, 01:25 PM, said:

Miles is there now and called Dan (Snorky).... Campsite #7 is now sectioned off into individual campsites... and I think only 7 sites there now.  That blows!!!!

joe

I have a feeling that it is only free until they get the latrine set up.

Speaking of latrine. Joe i must confess on this great forum, that i used the female bathroom when available! I think marcus had a massive code brown in the mens latrine, and i couldnt even open the door!

:cool:
Posted ImagePosted Image

visit 5050offroad.com

#121 User is offline   CodeRed 

• Major

Posted 18 October 2006 - 09:22 PM

Greeny that is just wrong. Throwing Marcus under the bus like that.
CodeRed (No Affiliations)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Overland Edition

4.5" Rusty's Lift kit and some interesting mods.
2001 Toyota Tacoma 4X4 Extracab
4" Lift but mainly a Hunting Truck but still alot of fun.
Macon Ga just 1 hour from River Rock.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic